Looking for a gun store to sell my used guns in New Jersey

GM1967

New to this forum, hoping you can help me out

I have several guns I wish to sell, some inherited from my father, and some that I purchased. Does anyone know of good gun shops who buy used guns in central Jersey? I live in Monmouth County. Closest shops I know are Shore Shot and Brick Armory....anyone know if they buy used guns, and if they will give good deals?

Guns are a mix of long guns and handguns. Once I sell them, I hope to buy guns that I will like more and use more often.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if it includes links to websites of gun dealers in the area

GM1967

I'd list them here, but if I understand the rules right, I can't post on the buy and sell section yet...have to be a member for 30 days, and have made at least 25 posts.

I'm not familiar with Gunbroker, although I've heard of it. Not sure what the legal/administrative processes are for selling guns person to person (especially the handguns). But I agree, I'll probably get less from a gun store than for a buyer who actually wants the gun for themselves (middle men have to make a profit somehow).

NJgunowner

I've sold THROUGH Brick Armory. What I'd do is don't sell directly to the gun shop, sell it through consignment. As a member they take 10% of the sale, I think its 15% if you aren't. I don't know how much gun broker takes.

I made a LOT more selling through consignment than by selling to them. The funny part is I had my gun up for sale for $425, but the interest it in was really high so they up'd it to $525 and sold it for that price. I was quite happy to say the least :D . The two gun shops I tried to sell it to directly would only do 250-275.

Btw, consignment is basically they put the gun in their store for sale and get a percentage (10-15%). Basically the same as gun broker but they deal with all the legalities of making sure the gun is sold properly and the feds don't pay you a visit :eek:

If you are selling rifles you need to make sure if it's a NJ resident they have their Firearms ID card. Out of state no freakin clue. Do NOT try to sell private party with pistols in NJ... Must go through a FFL. Consignment worked really well for me. There are a lot of guys looking for bargains in this state, our firearms seem to be a bit more expensive here.

Last edited:

ammoeater

Whatcha got? PM me, I'm always looking for new stuff. I'm in Ocean County. Just click on my name, and send a private message.

Lunicy

PM me. What do you have.

ALSO
you can private sell a pistol in NJ . There is a place for it on the pistol permit. (buyer must have a valid pistol permit)

Out of state sales do require an FFL.

AmuseMe

Resale in NJ - selling 2 unfired pistols

Hi all...

I'm moving back to the Left coast and I have a couple of unfired hand guns I don't wish to take with me. I bought them when I was dating an officer with the plan of hitting the range with him, but I blew my rotator days after and obviously, couldn't hold either up. They've been sitting locked up since and now it's time to let them go.

I went to Sarco in Stirling who gave me a number that was a joke. I bought them from Ray's, but they're closed down now. I'm up in Somerset County and the places you guys mentioned for consignment are a bit of a drive for me.

Anyone know of a place around the Somerset/Morris area that might be fair, or perhaps does consignment? I'm moving in about 10 days and don't really care to be jerked around by anyone. It should be cut and dry - both have never been fired and I have all my paperwork, etc.

Thanks