Looking for a good handgun shop in Little Rock Arkansas area...

Wheel-Gunner

Guys,

Just moved to the Little Rock area to attend the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Was wondering if there was anyone familiar with this area that could recommend a few good gun retailers. Thanks.

woohog1

Gander mountain right inside jacksonville up by the tractor supply store. Also if you dont mind going to searcy there are tons of gun shops up there. I would recommend ultamite outdoors in searcy. Great bunch of guys and I have used them many many times myself.
Fort thompson should be after the air base exit, I want to say that it is like exit 10 or 9. Academy sports might also have some, not been there, but will go soon. Welcome to the area.

tlm225

Don's weaponry on East Broadway in North Little Rock is well stocked both in guns and reloading supplies and has the best selection of holsters of any shop in the area. They also stock and sell class III firearms. They also have a 15 yard indoor range. The down side is that they tend to be a bit arrogant. (One side note: I used a gunsmith they recommended, never again. I asked him to slug and if needed open the chamber mouths on my blackhawk 45. Instead he put an eleven degree chamfer on the forcing cone. If interested PM me for the name of the shop)

Gander Mountain In Sherwood. Exit #2 on hwy 67/167. Very well stocked with rifles and shotguns and a pretty good assortment of handguns. Some reloading supplies. They have gunsmithing services in house. Customer service is marginal since they make a lot of sales and the staff (usually three on duty) have about nine customers at a time vying for their attention.

Fort Thompson In Sherwood. Take the Wildwood exit off of 67/167 then take the one way service road south. Wide assortment of rifles, pistols and shotguns. Reloading supplies are pretty limited and tend to be for shotgun.

Academy sports Also in Sherwood, Take the Wildwood exit off of 67/167. Fair selection of rifle, shotguns, and pistols. Not really worth the trouble.

Money Tree Pawn In Sherwood (Kiehl avenue exit off of 67/167) This is about the only pawn shop I can recommend. Rifles, pistols and shotguns. Some new, some used. Better than average prices (for a pawn shop) and they will haggle with you. Good people there.

You'll need a place to shoot. Aside from Don's weaponry there is the game and fish commission range off of highway 89 east of Mayflower. Open Wednesday-Sunday with rifle and pistol ranges and a skeet house. The range master is a decent enough fellow but sometimes has to be a hardass due to the occasional moron that shows up (It's a public range) Don't ever tell him that your "weapon" is unloaded. He'll quite sternly tell you that "civilians don't have weapons":rolleyes:
In addition Remington arms has a skeet and trap range open to the public off of I-40 east near Lonoke.

Hope this helps. If I can be of further assistance shoot me a PM, BTW welcome to the state.