Looking for a budget semi auto gun to get before ban read here??

Master Blaster

I would recommend a 10/22 carbine. They seem to have been named in the 2003 ban bill which I suspect will be repeated by in the comming year because the 10/22 can take a 25 and 50 round magazine. Factory mags are the 10 round rotary version, but butler creek and ramline make 25 and 50 rounders. There are even pistol grip stocks for the 10/22.:eek:

They are great guns and can be customized to your hearts content. My son and I seldom go to the range without bringing at least one of our custom 10/22s. Even if there is no ban I would highly recommend a 10/22 to anyone whio does not have one. They are inexpensive and fun to shoot, and great for introducing a new shooter to a semi auto, after proper safety instruction.

Look for the ones with the metal trigger guard, which was replaced by plastic in april 08. The metal ones are still out there though, as I found a stainless model with the metal trigger guard and barrel band at a local store last week.:)

Last edited:

Logs

10/22 is a good call, also look at the Kel-tec Sub 2000's. New around $300, but I found one used for $200 with glock mags in 9mm. FUN GUN.

ray mini 6.8

I guess it depends on what you want it for. There are lots of semi autos out there that will not likely be banned. I just bought a Ruger Mini 14, in 6.8 SPC for $750. I pick it up today, so I can't tell you how it shoots yet. I wanted a weapon that can be used for plinking, CQB if needed and even hunting in a pinch. I live in California, still under many ban regulations, And my choices were limited. AR's and AK's are out, because they sell them here with mag releases that require a tool to change them out. I went with the mini. I doubt if I'll be winning any matches with it, not that I would anyway, But it seems to suit my purpose at a more affordable price. You can get a lot of fun rifles in .22 semi auto. I have two tube fed, 15 round semi's that are great fun guns. You can buy .22s in AK style too.