Looking for .380 Ammo, here it is!

SPUSCG

Wow, a steal at 42 dolalrs, seriously I never got why this caliber costs so much, there is the hoarding of "assault weapon ammo" (223, 762) but 380 is a popular SD round......and the best selling handgun in america...the LCP. Youd think it would be high priority amongst manufavtuerers to amke more.

JWT

At least double what they should cost and that doesn't include shipping. Can't believe they'll be swamped with orders at that ridiculous asking price.

Think I'll pass and wait for the .380 I've got on back order to be delivered - whenever that might be.

Stiofan

Most manufacturers make .380 on the same line they make 9mm, and the government (mostly military) contracts are taking most of that. Until they finish with the Nato contracts they won't be making much if any .380 until probably next year. That's the general consensus anyway.

AZ Med18

I don't like this change.

It made stuff expensive and well hard to come by.

And I lost hope of owning lots of black things that go bang!!

Fer

Darn! Guess this price Issue has a lot of folks pi..ed off!
So noone gonna buy any:)

Regards,

Tom2

Just think, a year ago 380 was panned as a wimp ineffective caliber and alot of people posted about owning one, but with apologies for it, and professing to only shooting it on rare occasions to remind them of how weak the round was. Now everyone is searching willy nilly like mad to find some ammo for it and spending huge sums for a dinky round that is no more than a fat .25? that is just amazing to me. Evidently the rep of the round increased as the availability decreased!

6x6pinz

picked up 1000 rounds from JG on Monday. 500 was for a friend of mine and 500 for me. They had S&B round nose in for a couple of hours. They said the employees probably bought half of it before the doors opened. $165 for 500 rounds including tax. The stuff is slowly becoming available.

Chesster

For years now I have carried 380s with a CorBon or Fed. HP up the spout and FMJs in the mag. The only ammo I have found lately are Prvi and S&B.