Looking at a kimber

1chig

I need your help. Im looking at a Kimber pro carry 11. The stainless one. Its my first 1911 and its new in box. I am just wanting some feedback and opinions on this 1911. Where I live I generally always pay to much for my handguns, so am used to that, but would like to know what is <not a bad price>. Without everyone saying, whatever I am willing to pay is a good price :) thank you

SauerGrapes

I suggest you go on Gunbroker, Guns America, Guns Internatioal, Grab a Gun, Gun Auction etc and get a feel for what the range in prices are. Everything is somewhat inflated right now barring you find a deal.
I always gauge price by doing some window shopping on the internet. Most times my LGS will be near the top of that range.
I did a quick search, I think your looking at 900-1,000 from what i saw.

Be aware that the smaller 1911 pattern pistols can be finicky buggers. I assume you want it for CC. If not, consider a gov't model.

SG

KC Rob

It's a great gun, I own two, a .45 and a 9mm. I paid around $850ish for each, though that was before the "Great Panic of 2012". I am not a fan of stainless, but its your gun, go with what you prefer.

balderclev

I love my ultra carry II custom. To me, Kimber's just jump in your hand. Can get expensive though which is why I waited so many years to get one. Mine was close to $1100 but I think it was worth it

kimbers rule

My buddy just got a stainless pro carry late last year at the NRA dinner. He payed 1150. Its a sweet pistol, worth every cent to him.

my dad likes his crimson carry. i personally hated both the kimbers i've owned. to each his own. for the carry line, look for anything less than $900 new.

mesamay2003

I like them, but not too big on the standard sights they put on them...I prefer dots or night sights...you might consider a Sig 1911 in that price range...I just purchased a Sig Nightmare Carry...same price range as the Kimber and very nice if you can get past the external extractor...

1chig

that is the one thing im not to big on is the sights!! Thank everyone for all there input. I have my eye on one but havent poped on it yet!!