Long triggers

Amin Parker

Hi all.

One thing i have never put on a custom 1911 are these long triggers. I always keep the stock triggers but customise everything else. I like the way they feel and they work well for me in carry and competition.

I am referring to the ones like videki etc that one sees on custom pistols with the over travel screw. I think they make a 1911 look really cool

To those of you that like such a feature, what advantages does it allow you?

mete

Never buy a part because it 'looks cool' or it's the 'popular thing'. 1911 mods are available but pick the ones that you NEED .Larger hands may be better off with , flat mainspring housing , long trigger .Even the popular 'beavertail' should be used only if the gun pinches you.
Especially for carry guns - keep it simple !

drail

BIG +1 on mete's post. "looks cool" is for kids. I built and modified and shot 1911s for IPSC competition for years and all of my 1911s now have been returned to almost mil-spec configuaration. Half of the "popular" mods cause more problems than they solve for most people.;)

Casimer

To those of you that like such a feature, what advantages does it allow you?

The biggest advantage, for me, is that the longer trigger provides a better finger position. With my grip, I contact the short Mil Spec trigger at about the 2nd knuckle, which is a little clumsy. The other feature that I like, over the Mil Spec trigger, is a flat trigger face. But if a short trigger works for your hand, then there's no reason to change, use whichever enables you to shoot better.

Eagle0711

I believe that those triggers are light in weight, and with a light trigger pull it will not bounce contributing to hammer follow.

So there is an additional benefit for you.

If you install one yourself be sure to follow the directions. There has to be a little freeplay before pressure is felt or you will run into problems. They have adjusting tabs so that you can get it right. Best, Lyle