Long slide 10mm pistol options ?

WIN1886

Okay , neighboring state has 5.5 " minimum handgun barrel length rule for hunting deer so my DW Razorback 5" doesn't qualify ! :rolleyes: I can use this pistol in my own state but am looking for a 6" long slide & barrel option for outstate hunting trips with 5.5 to 6" rule as well ! Is there conversion kits for long slide or excellent long slide 10mm pistol options for me to look at ? Thanks !

Last edited:

RickB

Why not just get a 6" barrel fitted to your Razorback?
A good barrel, fitted by someone who knows what they're doing, should cost $300-$400.

Sevens

As you are a poster from the great state of Minnesota, have you even considered a Coonan Classic in .357 Magnum with their 6-inch barrel upgrade?

The_Shadow

Lone Wolf Dist. is even offering a 9" Barrel for the Glock 20.
They also have aftermarket long slides for the Glock 20 and 21, these can be used but not actually necessary for the 6" and 9" California barrels. :D

VTRich

Para makes their Elite Hunter Long Slide. 6" 1911 10mm. I have one and so far it has been perfect. Has adjustable sights and ionbond finish. The run around $1000

Hunter0924

I am in agreement with Dirty Harry's opinion.
Glock makes a factory drop in barrel for the G20 and it works well. You could also seek an aftermarket barrel like Lonewolf that is also drop in but has a tighter chamber.
I don't think I would take my nice 1911 in the woods but I am weird about my nice pistols.

blfuller

Just remember if you get a Glock factory 6" barrel and want to shoot some of the Buffalo Bore or other lead bullets for deeper penetration, you should not do this in a barrel with polygon bore. Tends to lead up the bore. You want a conventionally rifled barrel because at the higher velocities you will get leading.

SpookBoy

Well myself being a glock guy, another vote for a g20 w/ 6"barrel set up. But if i had the money, id go with the sti "perfect 10."
:eek:
If PARA ORD wren't hit & miss on their qc, id take a strong look at the new "stealth hunter" it is a long slide 1911 style, single stack with 9+1 capacity, compared to the glock & sti which are 15+1. You didn't say if you were just hunting with it or if it will also be a back up gun for when hiking or defense from dangerous game out there(2 or 4 legged one's). If so. As a woods gun, most defiantly go GLOCK! Hands down.

WIN1886

legal handgun barrel length for deer hunting

Spookboy , the 6" barreled or long slide 10mm would be used strictly for hunting deer and possibly black bear ! I found this interesting...both my S&W N framed 4" barreled revolvers are legal in WI because they measure from the firing pin to end of muzzle with action closed and has to be 5.5" or longer which they are ! However , my 5" barreled DW Razorback RZ-10 is not because the chamber is part of the barrel length !