Long range target/tactical stock for Savage Rem 260

Bill Daniel

Savage FCP DMB currently with HS stock, standard shank Criterion Bull barrel, 28" 1:8 twist, Rem 260. As for "drop in stocks" which one offers the best strength, durability and value? I believe I would like an adjustable cheek piece as the future plan also includes a Leupold Mark 4 6.5x20 with Mark 4 high rings and Warne 20 MOA one piece base.
Thanks,
Bill Daniel

taylorce1

What is wrong with your HS Precision stock? They are pretty good stocks, better than the B&C Medalist stock IMO. If you really want to shell out the money get a McMillan A5 built the way you want it.

Bill Daniel

trg42wraglefragle I meant tactical not tacticool. Thanks though.
taylorce1 The HS Precision is a fine stock, aluminum bedding block and vertical grip. I was interested in an adjustable cheek piece for better weld and the grip is a little large for my hand. A hook cut out also looks handy for my left hand. The A5 looks great but is the value worth the cost?
The tactical is only to separate it from a pure target stock. The Practical Rifle competitions that Zac Smith writes about look interesting.
Thanks,
Bill Daniel

taylorce1

You can add an adjustable cheek piece to your current stock. As far as McMillan stocks being worth the money I don't know. I sure like the Hunters Edge and Featherweight stock I have.

Bill Daniel

Long range target/tactical stock fo Savage Rem 260

Thanks to all!
Probably make the most sense to complete the build and see how it all fits together before spending money on a new stock.
Thanks again, Bill Daniel