Long range sessions with the GLOCK/XD ect...

RevolverLover

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he said that after a long range session that the trigger on his glock starts to bug him. He says its the trigger safety rubbing into his finger when he shoots after alot of rounds. I was wondering do any of you have this type of problem with Glocks, XD's, or any semi-auto with a trigger safety after a long range session?

Ive shot 900 rounds out of my glock in one sitting with no problems. then again i shoot and average of 100-150 rounds a week out of it so im used to it. If a person came up cold to range and shot 1000 rounds yeah i could see an issue. Look at how some of the guys hands come out of gunsite and other schools after a three day session.

SW

springmom

RevolverLover, what does he consider a "long" range session? :confused:

When our family has gone out to shoot together, the better part of 500 rounds went through the XD with no problems at all.

Springmom

RevolverLover

Like around 300+ is what he considers a long sesson. Me personally have never had that problem with my XD but I was just curious if others had the issue.

springmom

Oh, no. I'm thinking he's not cleaning his gun between sessions. Or not cleaning it well ENOUGH, anyway.

If a really come-to-Jesus cleaning doesn't get rid of the problem, he ought to have it looked at, because this is really uncharacteristic of XD's.

Or he can send it to me if he doesn't want it, hee hee

Springmom

Nigelcorn

I don't get out to shoot all that often, but the trigger safety on my XDsc does rub my finger the wrong way. That is probably because I don't shoot enough, but it does get annoying after about 100 rounds.

RevolverLover

Oh, no. I'm thinking he's not cleaning his gun between sessions. Or not cleaning it well ENOUGH, anyway.

If a really come-to-Jesus cleaning doesn't get rid of the problem, he ought to have it looked at, because this is really uncharacteristic of XD's.

Or he can send it to me if he doesn't want it, hee hee

Springmom

Trust me, he sure does clean his guns. And he's having the problem with the glock trigger safety not the XD. The XD is mine and I don't have any problems and I don't plan on getting ride of it anytime soon. :D

That is probably because I don't shoot enough, but it does get annoying after about 100 rounds.

How would you describe it as it getting annoying after about 100 rounds?

Quail Fat

More than likely yer friend never took a small file and trimmed the moulding seam off the center of the trigger saftey. It's a 1 minute fix and makes a big difference.

Nigelcorn

RevolverLover, it isn't a big deal, it is just that after shooting a few rounds, the safety lever on the trigger starts to dig into my finger. I haven't filed it down or anything, that may be the problem. I think it is probably that the safety lever thing has a sharp edge, and when the gun recoils, it is rubbing against my finger in the same spot every time, so after 100 rounds or so, that spot gets sore. No big deal, I am sure I could fix it, I just haven't gotten time to yet.

stephen426

Many people say that the XD has better ergonomics than the Glock. I don't have experience with the XD, but I can tell you from lots of experience that Glock could seriously improve their grips. The base of the trigger guard, where it meets the grip, is unnecessarily wide and can chafe your middle finger if you fire a lot of rounds.

One of the range officers filed off some of the offending parts and it is amazing how much more comfortable it is to shoot. Glock really should get over their "Glock Perfection" mentality and make improvements before they lose market share to those companies that designed their guns to fit the human hand. The XD seems to be one such gun and the new S&W M&P sure feels nice in the hand as well. There are other out there, some even with swappable back straps, that I have little or no experience with so I would rather not comment on them. Maybe others will chime in here.