Long barrel Walther P5

BlueTrain

I have a Walther P5 and for that reason have been looking at Earl's Repair Service website, which has all sorts of things for Wathers. One thing listed is a 135mm barrel for the P5, something I've never seen anywhere, although I've seen a photo somewheres or other. Come to think of it, I've never seen another P5, other than the one I have.

Anyone here have a long barrel for one? Is it intended for target or competitive shooting? Or does anyone have a 7.65 barrel (don't remember if that was listed)?

Searcher451

If you pick up a copy of Manfred Kersten's fine coffee table book, "Walther: A German Legend," you can see some photos of the P5 Long and get an explanation of what the company was up to when it devised it. Your chances of seeing one outside of the pages of a book somewhere are just about nil.

The P5, by the way, is my all-time favorite range gun. I've got four of them, I've never had a snag or hiccup with any of them -- as in never -- and I've put many thousands of rounds through them all. I also think that it's the finest handgun Walther ever made, and that's saying something: The company through the years has given us many fine firearms.

David the Gnome

This one?

walther_p5long.jpg

It's actually pretty cool. It looks like what I imaged a Luger would look like 40 years down the road, were it still being produced.