Lonely Without My 617 For A While

AzShooter

7U5xg7X.jpg

For years I've been doing my own gunsmithing and have gotten pretty good at getting a decent trigger pull. I recently tried to replace the hand in my 617 because it was slightly out of time. That's where I went above my skill level and had to call my friend Nelson Ford, The Gunsmith to help fix up my project.

Wow, gunsmiths are getting a lot of money for when we screw up. He said he could fix the hand and also that the yoke was bent. Another thing I do not have to tools to fix.

I have an Apex Tactical hammer in the gun and Nelson was hesitant to work on it and asked for the original hammer and the original hand. I had the hand but the hammer made it to the trash bin when the Apex was installed.

Looks like it will take him a month to get around to it. Shame because I wanted to shoot it at next month's Steel Challenge Match. ( I shoot my revolver much better than my Mamba).:gun4:

AzShooter

Well, Nelson did a good job and had to work harder on it than I expected but didn't charge me any more. I had tried to fit a centerfire hand in the gun for a six shot and it needed a rimfire had for the 10 shot. Timing is now perfect.

I was surprised at how fast he was. I was expecting another few weeks but glad I got it early. Next week I will start practicing with it for Steel Challenge matches. I love the revolver over my automatics.