Lone Wolf Glock mag AR lowers

tulsamal

OK, I've got some ideas for a pistol caliber AR. And that got me trying to figure out what type of mags to use. I don't really want to use Uzi or other sub gun mags... what would really be great would be to just use Glock mags. As long as they were 100% reliable in the AR action, of course.

So I see Lone Wolf is now selling an AR lower that uses Glock mags. Could be 9mm, .40, or .357 SIG. Then a standard upper.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1805

So how does this work? It is basically letting you use a "regular lower" without a mag block and with the ability to use Glock mags. So you could just buy a RRA 9mm upper, snap them together and everything would work? I'm a little concerned by the website saying "Accepts most 9mm uppers, bolt modification may be required."

So has anybody actually seen or shot one of these personally? What is the consensus on the street for whether they actually work and if they are a good idea?

This is the sort of thing that could cause me to finally go down the SBR path....

Thanks,

Gregg

tulsamal

Yeah, I saw that line. But if you look at the page for a stripped lower, it says "works with most 9mm uppers."

It's not like I want to go to a 9mm first anyway. My plan is to go .357 SIG. But once I owned one.... it would be hard to avoid picking up a standard 9mm upper as well!

Gregg