logs....230gr 38 cal., bullets...

fubsy

Anyone have a contact for purchasing the above bullets......or better yet a mold to pour my own.....tks much fubsy...

pack_rat

RCBS makes a mould for a .358/200.
PN: 35-200-FN
It is a flat-nosed, gas checked
rifle bullet.
Hope this helps.

p_r

fubsy

I do appreciate the response but this is for a 38spl loading........Im not sure if the bullets are still being made even.....tks ...fubsy.

Paul B.

Lyman used to make a 200 gr. round nose .38 caliber mold, but I have not seen it listed for a long time. I believe it was #358430. I once had a supply of the bullet, and loaded up several boxes. Worked real good. I've been looking for that mold ever since. I checked through my Lyman cast lead handbooks, and they don't have a 230 gr. bullet listed.
Paul B.

fubsy

paul b,

thankyou for looking, Ill add that mold to my want list.......I really enjoyed shooting those logs....they hit real hard.......I was shooting into steel swinging pins and they were rocking them......very much like my 45acp.....I only had about 20 of them.....and id sure like to find either the mold or a supplier of the bullet.......fubsy.

zot

I have a Lyman 200gr. round nose bullet mold,4 bullet mold.
its been used couple 100 times,I had trouble seating bullets
in .357 .case would buldge when seated to max overall length
also I've found Lee's aluminum molds are cheaper and easier
to heat up and bullets fill out better. so the 200 gr mold is packed in oil soaked paper in Lyman box.I bought this
many years ago, so I would sell for whatever price plus
shipping,