local gun show find...

UltimaSE

My gf has a thing for colts, some of you have seen some of the problems I've had with a king cobra, and if you have someone that might have a king cobra crane please let me know.

Today while strolling through the gun show I stumbled across a colt that I have never heard of and didn't find in the blue book. I ran into a guy selling a Colt Kodiak in .44. He was asking $400, but after considering it for a bit he dropped to $375. Took me a few mins but I decided that it seemed to be a fairly good risk. Upon getting home I started searching for this model, I can't seem to find any information regarding this model. Now I handled the Kodiak so I know it wasn't made out of stone or soap so I know it's not a fake, but I can't find any information at all. If anyone can give me some information regarding this colt it would be appriciated. Also, and this tends to be the painful one, how did I do pricewise?

UltimaSE

Blue Duck357

I think it's basically a tuned and ported Anaconda (kind of like S/W's custom shop guns). No idea of the value, but surely it's at least as much as the base gun if not much more, so I'd say $375 was more than fair if it was in very good condition.

jmlv

I have seen Colt anacondas selling for

$1000 even for used ones. (didnt say they sold but that was the asking price and there has been more than one) You did good so long as the gun personally passed muster. :)

Mal H

Staff
The Kodiak is an Anaconda that has been through the Colt Custom Shop similar to the Python made into a Grizzly. Oddly enough, I found it on the CA approved list.

$375 is a steal, literally.