Loaded 4 Bear

Schlitz 45

Been thinking about it for quite a while & just added an Alaskan to my backwoods carry options. I'm still feeling it in my hand & arm from this morning’s initial outing with 100 rounds fired-the 325gr bear loads were at the edge of my recoil tolerance but damn it’s fun. This one still has me smiling & should be a good one.
37L8zxZl.jpg

Last edited:

CDR_Glock

Been thinking about it for quite a while & just added an Alaskan to my backwoods carry options. I'm still feeling it in my hand & arm from this morning’s initial outing with 100 rounds fired-the 325gr bear loads were at the edge of my recoil tolerance but damn it’s fun. This one still has me smiling & should be a good one.

37L8zxZl.jpg

I get the Buffalo Bore 360 Grain bullets. I don’t mess with hollow points, like pictured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schlitz 45

Not much choice in off the shelf ammo in this caliber around here. I’ll have everything I need to start handloading in a couple of days & I can start working up some loads as well as some part to make it my own.

Targa

Congrats on that beauty Schlitz,I recently picked up a .454 Blackhawk, very fun to shoot. Yeh, you certainly know you just touched something off when you pull that trigger but that is what makes it so much fun...:)

bedbugbilly

Very nice! I've never shot one . . . you guys are a whole lot more manly than I! At my age, I'm lucky if I can be loaded 4 chipmunks! LOL

I can see where in some parts of the country, one of those could really come in handy if needed. Enjoy and have fun! A nice looking wheelmen!

HighValleyRanch

I owned a Ruger Alaskan for a while. With .45 Colt loads it was as tame as a .22!
But it sure was a boat anchor! Sold it when I went with the glock 29 to carry in the woods.
No grizzlies around here, but black bear.

Buckeye!

Great choice !

Just big Black Bear around here and meth heads .. This is my woods carry options

Glock 29 with Underwood 200gr XTP & Glock 21C with Underwood 230gr +P Noslers

2n1t92v.jpg

6z4rv9.jpg