Llama Minimax 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawper

Anybody know anything about the pistols mentioned in the advertizement below? Looks kinda interesting.

Llama Minimax 9mm

You have the Opportunity to buy a rare collectors pistol, only 350 world wide. The Jordanian king Hussein ordered These Llama Minimax 9mm for the Jordanian Airforce. When he died his son cancelled the order and therefore these pistols are available at a very special price. All pistols are marked on both sides of the slide with armorial bearing of the Jordanian Airforce. These pistols are new in box. They include two matching magazines, "Pachmayr" rubber grips, long beavertail, 3-Dot-Combat sight, Commander hammer, Bullbarrel, and extended slide release. This pistol is more or less a copy of the Colt Defender pistol. Overall Length: 7.33" Bbl Length 3.5"

Llama9.jpg

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

Tecolote

Llamas are poorly made, poorly finished and have a reputaion for jamming. Look at the picture. the mag is already flaking. I'm sure someone might have found an exception, but as they rule Llamas are really bad. The poor schmucks in the Jordanian Air Force. The Crown Prince was running around with customized SIG Sauers and the other guys had to make do with Llamas. It just isn't right I tel you. ;) The order might have gone sour not because of the King's death but for other reasons. Maybe the delivered Llamas were so bad the Jordanians decided to break the deal.

As far as collecting goes, I'm not sure there's a big Llama crowd. It's not like they're Lugers.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited June 29, 2000).]

jar

The Eibarian made Llamas I've owned and shot have been superb quality and super reliable pistols. Towards the very end when all of the Eibarian makers were being screwed by the Spanish government the quality did go down slightly but anything made before the mid 1980's should be great.

As to Collector items as always the buyer market will be limited and value will be that which it brings.

DaleA

Hokey necro-thread! Original post was 22 years ago!

P.S. Llama was making some nice revolvers in the mid 1970's.

Mal H

Staff
An admin note for the ages: The three posts above Mike's closing post were not the reason for the closure. A member resurrected the thread to try to buy an item outside of the Gun Show forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.