Live update: Supreme Court decisions(Heller)

RDak

Exxon and Kennedy v. La. issued as of now. Nothing on Heller. Both decisions released were NOT written by Scalia.

My excitement is over the top right now. Scalia will probably write the Heller decision. I'm HAPPY BEYOND BELIEF.
After over 40+ years of following this issue I get a justice like Scalia writing the decision. My GOD, I'm absolutely giddy!!!:D

Edit: MY giddiness was short lived. Scalia wrote the opinion in the just released Giles v. California. :eek:

RDak

Just updated my post arkie!!:eek::(

I have to calm down, I'm getting too old for this level of excitement.

Musketeer

No 2a Decision Today!!!!!

10:21 Tom Goldstein - Guns Is Not Being Decided Today. Last Opinion Coming Now.

10:22 Tom Goldstein - We'll Know In A Few Minutes Whether Tomorrow Will Be The Last Day.

jfrey123

Has anyone seen the poll question on the liveblog?

"If the Heller case is decided today, will the DC gun ban be:

a. Upheld (5%)
b. Sentback (3%)
c. Struck down (92%)

Too bad it's not coming today... Everyone embrace for tomorrow! :cool:

arkie2

Looks like Scalia will be writing the opinion in Heller:D

Tom Goldstein -
We can now predict that in addition to Justice Scalia likely writing Heller, Justice Alito is likely writing Davis v. FEC.

jfrey123

10:26
Tom Goldstein -

We can now predict that in addition to Justice Scalia likely writing Heller, Justice Alito is likely writing Davis v. FEC.

10:27
Ben Winograd - The Chief Justice has announced from the courtroom that the Court will issue all of its remaining opinions tomorrow at 10 a.m. Eastern.

Yeeeeeeehaw!!!!!

GoSlash27

10:26 Tom Goldstein -

Great news if it's true. They also announced that tomorrow is the big day.:cool:

Musketeer

10:27
Ben Winograd - The Chief Justice has announced from the courtroom that the Court will issue all of its remaining opinions tomorrow at 10 a.m. Eastern.
They are killing me. I am going to have my Treo out during my daughter's kindergarten graduation so I can see what the ruling is!

arkie2

Heller will definitely be issued tomorrow. See you here, 10 AM sharp!

TimRB

I was about to try to find out if Scalia was pro-gun, but it looks like I don't have to. These guys know how to work suspense better than Hitchcock.

Tim

arkie2

I was about to try to find out if Scalia was pro-gun, but it looks like I don't have to. These guys know how to work suspense better than Hitchcock.

Saving the biggest for last

RDak

I won't be able to view it tomorrow at 10:00am! :(

But Scalia still is the likely writer!!:D

I'm going out of my mind with excitement!!

This is ridiculous!:p