Liquidating a gun shop

botw2023

I am liquidating a gun shop that was in business for over 50 years. The gun smiths were very organized and the individual parts were put in separate envelopes with the part numbers and make of gun. The envelopes were disintegrating so I have used new envelopes and attempted to find a current price each part. I also have Excel spreadsheets itemizing the available parts on each make of gun. In a perfect world I would be able to sell them in mass. I will be happy to provide the spreadsheets for anyone interested. I am aware that I cannot expect to receive current pricing on a mass sell.

I currently have spreadsheets completed for: Colt, Remington, Winchester, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Browning and Cobray. I still have several other brands that I have yet to complete the inventory.

If you are in search of a particular part, I may have it. I will be happy to see if I have it.

I will appreciate any advice you may have.

44 AMP

Staff
welcome to TFL

The value of a gun part depends on how common it is, how easily obtainable, and how badly the buyer needs it.

To check on the current retail price of parts look at the Gun Parts Co. (aka Numrich Arms). If they have it listed as in stock, they will have an asking price.

Numrich buys parts, and junked guns for parts, and might take your entire inventory as one lot, but don't expect fair market value, expect a really low ball offer. Something is always better than nothing, but If you're looking to liquidate an inventory to get anything near its actual value, Numrich isn't the best place to go.

zukiphile

botw2023 said:
I will appreciate any advice you may have.

I'd complete the inventory list and shop it amongst competitors, and sell to the highest offerer. Depending on your role in this, you'll first get the approval from the family member, client, trustee or court involved.

std7mag

Alas, 2 gun shops close to me have liquidated also.
Both of those actually set up with auction houses to get rid of their inventory.
You may want to put the word out to the other gun shops in the area. One may be interested & able to buy out your inventory.

Best of luck to you!!

I hate to lose yet another gunship!

FrankenMauser

GPC (Numrich) pays the least, from what I have seen.
There are many other gun parts companies to send inquiries. You are likely to get a better offer from other places.

However, where these are all "gunsmith parts", everyone must assume that nearly everything is used and likely unserviceable, therefore paying even less (or having no interest).