Limb Saver for Rem. 760

Glenner

I'm looking for a real soft butt pad / Limb Saver for a Rem. 760 Pump Rifle.
This is the stock with a slight curve at the end, NOT the flat butt plate.

After talking to the people at Limb Saver, they asked me to get a ton of measurements off the butt plate, they tell me ''after the fact'' that they don't make one for the curved butt plate. Gee, thanks for telling me AFTER I took the time get all the info!

I do not want to sand the stock flat and I do not want to use the condom style slip on.

Who has a soft pad that will fit this rifle?

THANKS in advance for any help!!!

garndawg

I had one installed by a gunsmith. I tossed and turned a bit over "devaluing" the gun, but decided I was never going to sell it anyway and got the 'grind to fit' pad put on.

2nd best decision I ever made on that rifle. (1st was getting the trigger polished up to minimize creep...)

kmrcstintn

+1 on custom fitting a recoil pad on my dad's Remington 760; in my case the recoil pad was one of their older designs, but alot better than the plastic buttcap that came with the rifle from the factory; I mated this with Remington Managed Recoil ammo in .30-06 and recoil is less than firing a Marlin 336 in .30-30 with normal ammo; I had it done a few years ago, but I think it was @ $40 at the time