Light/Laser for Glock 17/19 without Alterations or Rail?

GunFool

Just curious...anyone know if there is a mounted tac light type doohickie that could be put on a Glock 17 or 19 without any special modifications and without the accessory rail of a G34, etc.? Preferably something simple (=idiotproof) to intall and not too bulky or heavy...

sundance43.5

Lasermax offers a red dot for that goes in where the guide rod would. It's very expensive though, and If I remember, has a short battery life. It's up to you. I don't have their web address of hand though.

Chris

P

PreserveFreedom

Someone out there makes a ten round magazine for Glocks that has a floorplate that holds a Mini-MagLite (2AA model). Since this is connected to the magazine and not the pistol, it does not interfere with any holster setup.

branrot

You can get LaserMax's for the Glock for 300-350 now (check Ebay). I have one for my 23, and I'm very happy with it. Very accurate. Fun to use. Not sure if I'd use it in a gunfight, though. Very easy to install (comes with a video). Finally, I had one minor problem with it, and LaserMax customer service was excellent and sent me a replacement end cap quickly and free of charge.