Liebenberg Custom .45

viper

Hey guys, I just posted a new story on my site, DefenseReview.com (http://www.defensereview.com), about a custom gun featured in this month's "Handgunner". The gun's made by Paul Liebenberg out of Pistol Dynamics.

The reason I'm giving the heads up is I think this guy is the real deal. He's the closest thing to Armand Swenson we have today, and he's worth taking a look at. I don't agree with a couple of the features of the gun, like the rear Bo-Mar sight and full-length guide rod, but the work looks to be superlative. I have a link at the bottom of the story to Liebenberg's website, where you can see the article gun and a couple other gun's he's done.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy it. By the way, we're still trying to build the membership over there, in case anybody likes what they see.

VaughnT

I've never seen one of his guns in person, but the photos are unbelieveable. The way he fits his beavertails is incredible. And I really like the ingenuity he showed in holding that front sight in place. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.

His stuff looks good and I can't wait to get some parts for my weapons.

RickB

Clark makes (or made) as front sight that is retained by the bushing. Colt was putting them on Special Combat Gov't Models, six or eight years ago. It is a neat idea, and kind of a surprise that it isn't more widely known or used.