Licensing Toy Guns

TMB2

This item from the Sydney (Australia) Morning Herald is another example of the extremism involved in the anti-gun agenda.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0009/06/pageone/pageone7.html

NZ kids get 'licence' to play with toy guns

Children as young as four in New Zealand are being required to apply for "licences" for toy guns.

The scheme was launched at Tahunanui kindergarten in Nelson, South Island, and is spreading rapidly.

Children must answer questions and learn rules before they can play gun games. Card licences must then be carried.

"They have to tell us the rules of guns and the first rule is that you never point a gun at anybody," said Helen Durbridge, the head
teacher.

Applicants for a licence must say why they want one. Those who say they want to shoot endangered animals are told why this must
not be done.

Youngsters who want to play cops and robbers are told that New Zealand police are usually unarmed, so shooting is forbidden. But children who want to put down a seriously injured pretend horse, or hunt possums - seen as a pest - may be granted a licence.

New Zealand has a high level of gun ownership because of its rural lifestyle. But a series of mass murders during the past decade, and incidents in which police have shot criminals, have heightened public awareness of the dangers.

Police have given the scheme their tacit approval.

The Daily Telegraph, London

pax

Anyone want to bet how long it will be before this "great idea" occurs to our American educrats?

pax

------------------
"Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed." -- Longcourt Phyllis in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein

Coinneach

Staff Alumnus
"They have to tell us the rules of guns and the first rule is that you never point a gun at anybody," said Helen Durbridge, the head teacher.

Yeah, just aim at the ground in front of the rapist's feet. :rolleyes: