LGS and range rental today

2wheelwander

Stopped into the new big box LGS today for the first time. Nice selection, prices were a bit high, but not obscene. Had a Czeckmate, TSO and P10 Competition on the shelf. I wouldn't call their prices competitive, but they had a great selection, which brings overhead.

Made my way to the range rental counter. Had some really nice stuff and some cheap stuff. For $5 they'll give you 5 rounds for any gun you want to shoot. Saves you from forking out $20/gun per hour to find out of you like it. I grabbed a TSO, a P10 and a 4" Python. $15, 15 rounds, 3 guns.

All shots at 15 yards. The TSO and P10 I shot one ragged hole each minus 1 flyer (my fault) incredibly impressed with that P10. What a Glock should be. Will own one before too long despite swearing off striker fired guns.

Next up was the 4" Python. Beautiful gun, well made, very nice trigger. I printed a 4"-6" group left of the 10 ring. A nice revolver to be sure, but not worth what the asking price is IMHO. No doubt that large group was 99% my fault, but I expected more. I shoot my 686 much more accurately and is no less pleasant to shoot. I shoot much more revolver than auto loaders and thought I'd kill it with a Python. I've never shot a 1st gen Python so I've nothing to compare it against, but for $1500++, I'll pass.

I did however make it to my favorite LGS and this followed me home. Price was a few hundred less than anything found on GB not taking into account 3% CC fees, shipping, transfer fee, tax, etc. A deal I could not pass up. Out the door was less than any asking prices up front on GB.

51889000252_973c924a85_c.jpg

DaleA

New Gun Day is always a good day!

Good luck and please give us a range report after you shoot it.

chadio

Very nice!!

My long term friend Dale is an ex - Marine, he absolutely loves the SCAR and hopes to have one someday.

TCFW!!!!