Lever actions

Ralph Allen

I'm wanting a lever action in 45 colt/454 casull. I have a Marlin 1895 in 45-70 and it seems to fit the bill for what I bought it for. I am looking at a Marlin 1894cb in 45 colt and a Puma in 45 colt/454 casull. I have also looked at the Uberti in 45 colt. This is strictly a gun for my collection and will be a fun gun (aren't they all). Any comments/concerns on any lever actions in the above calibers would be appreciated. Thanks
Ralph

Old Time Hunter

If it is a "fun" gun, have you thought of a '73 Winchester? Plenty of knock-offs and mostly all are good. Very classy style too! Check out Uberti, Navy Arms, Cimirron, etc. The '92 Win also is a class act. Nothing against the Marlin CB's and such, but they lack a little as a conversation piece.

CraigC

If you handload, you don't need the .454. The 1892 in .45Colt is available in many more configurations and can be loaded well in excess of those published "Ruger-only" loads. The 1892 in a 24" octagon barrel configuration would be my first choice if I wanted to shoot heavy loads. Or the 1873 Winchester replicas just for fun. The Marlin placing somewhere in the middle.

The 1892 in a 24" octagon barrel configuration would be my first choice.
I love my octagon barrel .45colt EMF. :)

It is a lot of fun to shoot.

45coltLG.jpg

tomh1426

Wow nice wood floors!
I have a Puma 92 in .45 Colt and I really like it alot, Its the pre saftey with the dark wood, it looks really nice.
Its accurate it cycles smooth my fat hand fits comfortably in the loop plus I like reloading the .45 Colt.

dewidmt

I've got an older Rossi 92 in .45 Colt, no safety. I like it alot. Use it for Cowboy Action Shooting and now deer hunting in Indiana. Very dark wood, standard lever (no loop).

skeeter1

Marlin leverguns are the best

I can't speak for the 1894CB, but I've had a 1894C (.357Mag) and a 39D (.22) for years. I just happen to love lever actions, and I think Marlin makes the best ones. I would imagine that the .45 would be fun, but the 1894C gives you the option of using .357s or .38Spls. Something to think about.