Leupold VX1 on sale - should I get it?

zcrenna

I can get a 2013 Leupold 3-9x40 Leupold VX1 on sale tomorrow.
Out the door it'll be $193.

I've been shopping around a lot for a new scope and price wise this looks like a good deal.

I was also looking at Redfield Revs, Prostaffs and Vortex DBs. Which I could also get about the same price as this deal.
The sale ends tomorrow. And then it's back to $229.

A new scope is a relatively big purchase for me but at the same time I am willing to pay for the quality and warranty of Leupold.
I'd be mounting it on my Ruger .308

What do you guys think? Your $.02 are very welcome.

Thanks.

mxsailor803

It's really up to you. To me the VX-1 and Revolution scopes were so close in overall performance that I went with a Revolution 3-9x52. Keep in mind that Leupold also owns Redfield now.

SSA

IMO, get the Leupold. The new versions (except the Rifleman) are good deals. With a discount, even better.

rebs

I have the Leupold Rifleman 3-9 x 40 and have had no problems with it. It was an anniversary model made in 2007 and still going strong.
I also have a NIkon prostaff 3-9 x 40 that is a great scope also.

wet

Most of my rifles have Leupolds on them. I have never been sorry about any of them.
I can't say as much for Nikon, Bushnell. Burris, Tasco and a few others. The price stings when you buy them but 25 years later I'm sure you will be glad you did.

arch308

Another vote yes, get the Leupold. That VX1 will fit the bill perfectly on a .308. I have an older one and really love it.