Leupold FX-II 2.5x20 Ultralight

TX Hunter

BTMJ

Thats the same Scope thats on my Radar. I am planning to mount one on my Winchester 94 Angle Eject. I will watch this thread also. I think it would be perfect for the Rifle You plan to mount it on. I havent ordered mine yet but have been putting a little back at a time to buy one.

TX Hunter

BTMJ

I started stage one of my project. I ordered the base. Leupold two piece dovetail mount. Next will be the Rings. I will get low front and rear. Then the Scope. I have to do a little at a time, Wife and Kids come first, but I get excited when I am tinkering with my Firearms. Savor every part of the Sport of Marksmanship.

btmj

I went with Weaver 63B aluminum 1-piece mount ($8). I went with Leupold aluminum Rifleman rings ($18). I want to keep this rifle as light as possible.

I have a Nikon 1-4X20 that is on my AR. It is a great scope, but at 12 oz, it is almost twice as heavy as this fixed Leupold.

btmj

I got the scope, rings, and mounts last week. I weighed them all together on a kitchen scale, and the scope, rings, and mounts came to 9.5 oz, which is what I was hoping for.

The rings I ordered were medium height. After I trial fitted everything together, I have decided I am going to order a set of low mount rings. The medium height prevents me from getting a good cheek weld, and my wife has the same problem.

TX Hunter

BTMJ

Congratulations , that is very light, I just picked up the Rings for my project as well. Scopes next. With the small 20 mm objective lense on this Scope.. Low Rings would be perfect. I bet its going to look sharp on Your 336 and function great. I cant wait to see a picture of It mounted up and read Your Range Report.

btmj

Here are a couple of pictures with the medium rings. You can see that the sight line is at least an inch higher than the iron sights.

The low rings should arrive in a couple of days.

Attachments

• DSC06340.jpg
    DSC06340.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC06343.jpg
    DSC06343.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 217

TX Hunter

BTMJ

That does look sharp, the low rings You ordered will be better. Remember You will need a Hammer Extension when You mount Your Scope in the low Rings. I bet that Your Rifle will be very handy and accurate when You get it set up. I mounted my Base on my 94 Yesterday, and have my Rings still in the package. I will order My Scope soon. By the way did You choose the wide duplex or the heavy ?

btmj

Wide duplex. I made the decision based on the graphical depiction on the Leupold website. I wish I could have seen both side by side. However, now that I have the wide duplex, I am quite happy with it.

Of all of my scopes, my favorite reticle is the "German #4" in my Nikon Monarch African 1-4X20.

TX Hunter

BTMJ

I am going to choose the wide duplex also, I would also like to have a gloss finish but I believe that that is not available on this model. Anyhow this is the type of Scope I want on my 30 30 it has everything but the finish and thats just cosmetic.

btmj

I do recommend this scope. Optical clarity is as good as the two Nikon scopes I own.

I may not be the best judge of optical clarity, however. I have never used a really high end scope like a Zeiss or Night Force. But in the $200 - $350 range, all of the Leupold and Nikon scopes seem really nice to me.

TX Hunter

BTMJ

I am not a great critic of Scopes either but I have used Ziess scopes and although clear they had crappy eye relief. I have settled on Leupold I love them.

btmj

Over the weekend I removed the medium height rings and put on the low rings. This is a winning combination for a Marlin 336 or similar Marlin lever action... scope height is perfect.

Weaver 63B aluminum base, plus Leupold Rifleman low-height aluminum rings, plus Leupold FX-II 2.5x20mm ultralight scope. 9.5 Oz total weight is added to the rifle, and it does not screw up the balance. The rifle comes up to the shoulder real nice.

I will try to get some pictures posted soon.

bamaranger

used

I'm working on knocking down a used one locally but the shop won't budge. It may end up on an AK or a mini-30, with a funky german #1 reticle

TX Hunter

BTMJ

I am glad You finaly got Your Rifle set up the way You like it. I bet this Scope will bring out the true potential of Your fine Rifle. I look forward to Your Range Report.