Letter to the Editor

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
This has been published in The Augusta Chronicle. They removed the last sentence :)

Dear Sir,

A recent editorial railed againt the lack of respect shown President Clinton. Respect is earned and is a finite quality. Once earned it can be wasted. By their actions shall you know them. What have President Clinton's recent actions shown? That he lacks honesty and integrity. His actions as a draft dodger coupled with his extreme willingness to send others into harm's way demonstrates both cowardice and extreme inconsistency. His calls for the surrender of essential liberties to obtain present safety and security reverses the words of Benjamin Franklin and demonstrates either his ignorance or his contempt of the U.S. Constitution or both these qualities. He has used executive orders more than any other president. There is another term for this- rule by decree. I have a question for people who state we should respect Bill Clinton. What is there to respect? Simply for information purposes, I have not voted for Clinton, Bush, or Dole for the office of president. My question cannot be simply dismissed as that of a partisan. I do not care for the Republicans either.

Byron Quick

DC

Moderator Emeritus
What was the removed last sentence? Tell me, tell me!! :)

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"