Let's Tax Stupidity...

Rifleman 173

Here's an idea that is long overdue... Let's tax stupid anti-gun people. The way it works is that any group, college, mall or business, except for religious groups or churches, should be legally required to pay taxes to legally declare themselves to be a "gun free zone." If you own a mall and want to declare it to be a gun free zone or put anti-gun signs up, then you need to pay taxes for your stupidity. Many of the laws that we have in place were originally put there to protect stupid people from their own stupidity. So the way the law against gun free zones would work is:

1. The business that wants to be a gun free zone has to buy signs, certificates and tax stamps from the state government. Certifications forms cost like $1,200 a year, the LEGAL gun free signs cost $50 each and the tax stamps, which are mandated to be on every door that the public can access, cost $20 each. The certificates, signs and stamps offset the cost of the inspectors which go around checking the gun free zones to make sure that they are in legal accordance with the mandated gun free zone laws.
2. In addition to the signs, certificates and stamps, every gun free zone is also legally mandated to have a certain number of legally armed police and security personnel to protect those who do business in their area. If you want to take away protection from those people who legally carry defensive firearms then YOU, the anti-gun nut, has GOT to provide additional security in the form of uniformed police and security personnel.

If we tax the anti-gun nuts, it won't be long before they'll go underground instead of pay the mandated taxes. In other words, we tax their stupidity and make money for the state as we do it. It'll be a win-win situation for us and the state governments.

Ledbetter

We should just stop subsidizing stupid people.

Emergency rooms catering to drunks who hurt themselves, welfare for people who won't stop having children they can't possibly support.

Yellowfin

I agree we should tax them indeed. Might as well make money off them and deter them at the same time. If smoking gets taxed as heavily as it does for harming people by 2nd hand smoke and elevated insurance premiums, free kill zones for criminals should be taxed heavily enough to cover costs of prosecution and incarceration of the criminals they encourage.

Funny thing, anti gun people think that gun people should pay a take for the extra dangers we pose. Both sides thinks the other is pretty stupid.

Ledbetter

If you harm a person with your gun, the law will make you pay.

If you harm everyone by being stupid and irresponsible, you get paid welfare.

Some correction is needed.

Let it Bleed

Using the tax code for social engineering and exhibiting a disregard for the rights of private business owners. Liberalism in action!? :rolleyes:

While I agree that so-called "gun-free zones" are asinine, it is only in public places that anyone has any possible grievance. Ironically, it is public buildings that are the most restrictive. I agree 100% with those who oppose prohibition of concealed carry in public buildings and public lands where safeguards are not in place to ensure absolute compliance.

Also, prior to any consideration of proper safeguards, there should be a significant and articulable public policy reason to prohibit concealed carry in a particular public place. If there is no valid reason to prohibit concealed carry in a public place, then there should be no prohibition against such. When there is a valid reason to prohibit concealed carry (e.g. courthouses), then similar safeguards (i.e. metal detectors and security officers) should have to be implemented.

Perldog007

This is something that intrigues me on a serious note, like the proposal by one AZ state legislator to make a gun free zone liability law.

I am sort of a buff on this subject.

Pat H

Throughout history stupidity was in fact taxed. It's welfare, free medical care,a and freebies from various government programs that are working to un-tax stupidity that are the problem.