Let's start the new forum with a Picture thread for fun...

kamerer

Nice to see the staff set this forum up from Jeffenwulf's suggestion. I look forward to perusing this forum and learning and sharing.

Maybe we can build some enthusiasm by starting with a picture thread? Maybe, your favorite C&R firearm? Or your favorite two or three you have?

Here's my newest, a very early Navy Victory from the spring of 1942:

victory_6083-1.jpg

JohnKSa

Administrator
Started as Swedish army issue, did some time as a police weapon and still looks pretty good.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lahti_small.jpg
    Lahti_small.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 2,420

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Colt M1903

The one on the bottom, made in 1905. The picture doesn't do it justice; it's among the nicest ones I've ever seen of that vintage.

Attachments

• 1903Colts1.jpg
    1903Colts1.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 389

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Oh, and this one...

A WWII Remington Model 11 riot gun. I don't know why they have such a mystique, but there's just something about a combat shotgun...

I need to get the correct forearm for it someday.

Attachments

• rem11-3447.jpg
    rem11-3447.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 456

Creature

A WWII Remington Model 11 riot gun. I don't know why they have such a mystique, but there's just something about a combat shotgun...

You aint kiddin'...that is a great shotgun. There really is beauty in form and function.

Creature

My 1903 Colt made in 1928. This thing never sees the light of day. There isnt a blemish visible anywhere on this 90 year old pistol.

colt_110.jpg

I even have the perfect condition genuine mother-of-pearl grips that came with it.

the ones I posted are brothers to the CZ-52... ( I also have one like pictured above, that USMC posted ), in the same case of old Cezch guns

BTW... that Colt is awesome...

I have this baby... I had to replace the grips, as the factory hard rubber ( similar to yours ) was cracked... I still keep an eye out for a set of good original grips... think the white ones look a bit cheesy... even with the Colt medallion...:)

attachment.php

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
WildAlaska,

There's something wrong with a body that owns that many Nagants. It ain't natural, I tell you. :p

jrfoxx

Thanks a lot, kamerer. I had never heard of the Navy Victory before, and know that I know it exists, and being a C&R nut, as well as having been in the Navy myself, now I have to get one. Thanks for costing me a bunch of money.:D

Very cool. I'll have to look into availability and cost. May be able to ge one as a "new job" celebration gun if all goes well next week with my interview.