Lets see some Sig 230, 232 pics!

HighValleyRanch

Found me a Sig 230SL today, and now i have the stupid CA ten day waits, so in the mean time, send me some of your beautiful Sig 230 or 232 pics to tie me over during the waiting period.

One's been on my want list for quite some time, just waiting for the right time (money in hand when I finally find one at a good price). Got a really good deal for here in CA. Only the 232 is on the roster now, but the 230 was on consignment, so able to get it as a PPT transfer.

What is the thinnest grips available for these? Are the 230 and 232 grips interchangeable? Eventually I will get some Nill grips as that is the most beautiful combination on a stainless frame!

This photo is not of the gun I'm getting, but one with the Nill grips on it.
Mine has some slight scratches on the slide which I will need to buff out. Otherwise it checked out mechanically.

I already own an Iver Johnson TP 22 which is like a Walther TPH or PPK clone, so will have little and big brother match.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pix608150843.jpg
    pix608150843.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:

PushPuller

Im jealous! Iv always wanted a 230 or 232, but anytime somebody has one for sell they want a ridiculous amount for it.

HighValleyRanch

I would have bought a blue one too. I like both.
Of course we don't have to really have a reason to buy a gun, now, do we.
But I have a German wife, a German car, and a German Sherpard, so I needed a German gun!

tallball

I got a blued milsurp example with a modest amount of finish wear about a year and a half ago. I won it for a $287 bid. I don't recall the OTD price. Sometimes my FFL charges me a fee and sometimes he doesn't.

It points well and is well-balanced. It's a little "snappy", but not too bad. It's certainly the most elegant-looking of my 380acp pistols.

Congrats to the OP on a nice find! :)

PSP

I'm a big Sig fan. Here's a Rainbow Titanium, blue .380, blue .32 and a stainless with Nill grips.

The grips are interchangeable between the 230 and 232 models. The Hogue grips on the blue .380 are also nice. Can't think of any thinner grips than the standard polymer OEM grips.

Beautiful guns. Enjoy yours when it gets in your hands.

HighValleyRanch

Nice collection and nice display of various grip styles! I'm thinking about getting some of the Hogue Goncalo Alves smooth wood grips and grind them down flatter and then stipple and stain.

bamaranger

not every day

That two tone pistol with the lanyard ring & what appears to be a manual safety.......you don't see that often, and I've only ever seen pics. PSP I think you've posted those pics before, tell me again the heritage on that pistol ?

PSP

That two tone pistol with the lanyard ring & what appears to be a manual safety.......you don't see that often, and I've only ever seen pics. PSP I think you've posted those pics before, tell me again the heritage on that pistol ?
The model P230-32-B is commonly called the "Japanese Police" model as it is said to be a special model made for some LE agency there that required the .32acp caliber, safety and lanyard loop. I don't know if it's true or not.

They are blued, not two toned, is DA/SA, uses the same magazine as the .380 caliber but holds eight rounds. Original case held three magazines with metal followers. Otherwise it is a standard P230.

I don't know how many were made. I keep a serial number log of those I've seen to try to determine how many are out there. So far only a few hundred is the span. I'm lucky to have found this one.

Last edited:

Triggernosis

HiValleyRanch,
No, it's an avenger style belt holster, but due to the lighting it's difficult to see the belt slot. I'll try to get a better picture of it in the sunlight this afternoon. Without the belt slot, though, it would make a good pocket holster if you've got big pockets.

jar

The 230 is the only one of my Sigs I kept and until something unexpected happens, will keep.

standard.jpg

jar

jar,
what company grips are those?
I would need to go see if I can find them. It's had Hogue rubber for quite a few years. In fact I just ordered a new set of the Hogues since the old ones are starting to feel fuzzy.

medium800.jpg

Found them and there is no name or identification on them, just "S. SA 230/232" on the inside on one side.

Ah, found old records. The grips were from Nill's. IIRC I bought them about two decades ago.

HighValleyRanch

Ah, they do look a little like the Nills, except with a varnished finish.

Thanks.
I took some hogue Goncalo Alves and thinned them down as much as possible and then stippled them. Will post pics of the new guna and grips tomorrow when I picke it up.