Lets just call TFL "Scoop-ville" from here on out. [evil grins] Colt LE Carbine

spacemanspiff

my ninjatude is doing backflips right now.

sorry for the poor quality, but i could only get a quick scan of it while harnessed and hanging from the ventiliation shaft. it took five guys to pull me back up. they now insist i go on a diet.

remember folks, you heard about it here on TFL first. :D

Attachments

• Colt carbine LE1020.jpg
    Colt carbine LE1020.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 3,823

TheEgg

A Colt with a piston upper???????

What is that I hear, a whisper from the far north????

(group buy)

utaherrn

trying to pull spiffy back up the ventillation shaft threw my back out

and as a result I am heavilly medicated as I type this.......what was I going to say?

Oh yeah, me likee!

281 Quad Cam

Maybe all these new piston uppers will drive the direct impingement uppers into a more affordable price range for us broke folks...? :)

Billy Sparks

OMG just what I need to worry about another group buy. Spiffy is there a way to pay off serveritude to WWG from the east coast? Don't you need a serf?

IZinterrogator

A Colt with a piston upper???????

What is that I hear, a whisper from the far north????

(group buy)
Great, just what I needed, another excuse to send money to Spiff and Wild. When are the deposits for the group buy due? I don't care that I won't see it until September 2007, regardless of when it starts rolling off the shelves!!!!

When it comes to ARs, I am such a Colt whore. :eek:

spacemanspiff

i dunno billy... you have any single sisters between the ages 21 and 65? between the weights 100 to 140 lbs?
if so, lets talk. :D

izinterrogator, more info soon. i couldnt get all the details cause the cleaning crew was walking in and my ninja-buddies were all huffing and puffing trying to get me out of their line of sight. i was all like 'Nooooooo just two more seconds!' but it was too late.

what we did learn is that para cord really DOES have 1,000 uses!

Billy Sparks

IZinterrogator, Amen brother right there with you...but you have to get in line behind me being Spiffy's personel serf.

Handy

I think people are getting way too excited about these retrofit AR-18 actions in AR-15s. Once they become common I think we'll see a different set of problems that we've traded into with the short stroke piston.

Hope I'm wrong, but this system has been around since the sixties, and only a few countries have used it at all.

azredhawk44

I'd be "in" on a group buy for one of these if the cost is reasonable.

Spiffy, you have any idea what you and Wild would be charging us TFL'ers if we could get, say, a 25 gun group buy?

When is the release date for the rifle?

spacemanspiff

i'm guessing release by the end of 2006. no word yet on price.

azredhawk, you know you'll get a good deal with Wildalaska. i should have more details tomorrow, or friday if WA can't pull himself away from the sig booth to make it over to colts.

utaherrn

there could be 20 of us in line behind spiffy

and we'd never be noticed because we'd be hidden in the shadow of his tactical ninjatudeness.... or maybe just hidden behind the tacticalfat.:p

BTW ShotShowSpiffy, please tell me Sig is going to make that 556 more like the original 550, ie: dump the Tapco-esque grip and forearm, go with the folding buttstock, and make that awful raised 1913 rail flush with the upper instead! Go kick them in the shins till they promise.
thanks

Billy Sparks

Yeah but can you rig a 3:1 z drag to easily pull him up a shaft next time? I didn't think so. Anyway us fat guys like Spiffy and me have to stick together.

spacemanspiff

i'm like the highlander. i absorb ninjatude from fellow ninjas that i conquer. :D

utah, it wouldnt surprise me if sigarms does do a more standard 55x series config....again, thats my speculation. dont hunt me down if it doesnt ever happen.

edit - buzz, dontcha know that colt doesnt want their rifles sold to the lowly civilian? pshaaawww! like, you are sooooo not worthy of touching anything colt. hehehehe...