Leopold vS Trijicon

meanoldman

Anyone used both? aCOG versus the tactical CQ 1-3 power scope. for use on an aR type rifle. The variable setting on the Leopold is attractive to me.

Thanks,
david

dwatts47

I've used both....
. I'll give you that adjustable power magnification could be one up for the leophold. both are top notch. I also like that the Leophold is lower profile.

FWIW, I Use the Aimpoint exclusively my on AR's now.

Zak Smith

CQT has narrow field of view and not BDC reticle features. Its illumination is not bright enough to enable the "BAC" effect.

The TA11 is a better practical optic than the TA31 because the longer eye relief and larger exit pupil enable faster sight picture acquisition, and better tracking while on the move.

meanoldman

Ok I like the TA11. I have a couple of stupid questions. The BDC-based on a specific round? 55 grain?? adjustable at all? IF I switched my upper to a 6.8 how much would it be off??

Ken right now I have an EOTech on it-that I bought from you- let me save my pennies for a couple of months and I will call you. better yet use one as a demo for a couple of months. :D

David

Zak Smith

The 308 model TA11 will be a better match for 6.8SPC or 75-77gr 223/556. However, differences in barrel length and station altitude will cause divergence from the BDC-- bottom line, you'll have to shoot it and figure out how it matches your gun & load.