Length of Pull on Tikka T3 Hunter?

idek

I'm considering getting a Tikka T3 Hunter. The ones I've felt in stores have too short a stock, but the description says they come with spacers (and LOP is 13.2" without any spacers). Can someone tell me what the LOP would be with the spacers in place?

I prefer a longer than normal LOP, so if the spacers only get it to 13.5" or so, I would still have to figure something else out.

idek

I've tried that with other guns, but adding an extra 5 or 6 ounces at the extreme end of a gun sometimes hinders the balance... not to mention detracting from its appearance.

corsair82pilot

I have a T3 .308.
It is balanced perfectly for me. LOP is also perfect, but I am not very tall.
It is very accurate and the action is amazing.

I was sighting in my new scope with a friend who had his Reminton 700 doing the same. I shot some great groupings, so he asked me to sight his in.
I thought something was wrong with the bolt when I tried to laod a round.
He took it and used the necessary force it took. He told me that was normal and I was just spoiled because I had a Tikka.

My meaning is, it is worth owning. Do what you need to do to make it fit you.
Try to keep the bakance, though.

Last edited:

Chuck Dye

Judging from some 'net photos, the spacers are 6mm/¼" thick. Tikka provides two, Numrich sells Tikka made extras. With even just two in the photos, the stock begins to look tacky.

Last edited:

CarJunkieLS1

I bought a Tikka T3 Hunter earlier this year and it didn't come with any spacers...

I'm a tall guy so I like added LOP so I've put the slip-on recoil pads on most of my rifles. If I want to brag about how "pretty" they are I just take the pad off before I pull it out of the safe. If I want a rifle to fit me well and be able to shoot well without modifying the rifle permanently the slip-on pads are a perfect answer

Keg

I added a Limbsaver recoil pad and it's awesome....It added a lil bit and is super soft....It took 5 minutes to put on....

idek

I added a Limbsaver recoil pad and it's awesome....It added a lil bit and is super soft....It took 5 minutes to put on....
Yeah, I had seen pictures of that one. One thing I noticed though is that the butt end of the stock is angled. The factory pad is thicker at the bottom to account for this, but it doesn't look like the Limbsaver is. Does this still feel normal?

Keg

Yeah, I had seen pictures of that one. One thing I noticed though is that the butt end of the stock is angled. The factory pad is thicker at the bottom to account for this, but it doesn't look like the Limbsaver is. Does this still feel normal?

The limbsaver is too....

Attachments

• 960397.jpg
    960397.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 3130848_02_tikka_t3_lite_stainless_barrel_640.jpg
    3130848_02_tikka_t3_lite_stainless_barrel_640.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 88

corsair82pilot

I just added a Limbsaver, too. Haven't shot it yet, but it looks good. Easy to mount.
It didn't really add any length to the stock.

Last edited:

idek

Thanks for the reply and pictures, Keg.

corsair, that surprises me a bit. Other comments I've read make it sound like it usually does add length.

corsair82pilot

Here is a picture of the Limbsaver on the rifle with the old pad next to it.
About the same size, just much softer.

20151009_131636_zpssrv6h3qt.jpg.html

20151009_131724_zpswewlqq1b.jpg.html

idek

I don't see a picture, but I'll take your word for it. :)

I'm considering the possibility of adding a Boyd's walnut stock down the road if other options don't work. I'd actually prefer Tikka's Forest model which has a monte carlo stock and cheek piece, but that's not available in left hand models yet.