Leinard 6 shot mini pocket revolver

TennJed

Ok, I am a sucker for unusual guns and small guns. I saw this add for an online sale for a mini 6 round .22lr. It is only $100 so I assume that it is junk, but wanted to see if i could get some feedback. the top break is what really makes me what it. Anyone know anything about this? the description is:

NEW Leinad 6 Shot Mini Pocket Revolver Made in USA, very simple solid design, single action, manual rotating. barrel breaks open like a shotgun to reveal a six shot removable cylinder. fitted with a safety catch for safe carrying.

7926669256_72a076b294.jpg

Creeper

It was made by the founder of Cobray... Wayne Daniels, under the name Leinad... before they closed their doors. Spell Daniel backwards. :D

C

SHNOMIDO

ive heard they are very poorly made. no hands on time

My naa mini runs like a swiss watch (so much so that that is the cliche when describing them) but it is all over on paper. the 1 inch barrel is definitely for point blank use.

My advice? if you want a leinad for conversation get the SINGLE SHOT .410, ive heard the doubles are terrible. thats even more of a head turner than the .22. Like a little flare gun

If you want a tiny revolver get a naa with a longer barrel. the mini master, black widow, etc etc they have lots of models.

theres a .410 revolver as well (edit)

All in all, for $100 you should get your money's worth fun wise. But I think there's better options for cheap fun and tiny well made guns.

Winchester_73

I don't think its "cool" enough to give up quality. NAA seems more attractive and useful. Afterall, the NAA guns are actual revolvers...

I had a Leinad .44 caliber cap & ball single shot once. Looks like it was built on the same exact frame, but without the small-bore rotating cylinder. The manufacturing quality was acceptable, but the "engineering" behind it was rudimentary, at best.

Since mine was a cap & ball it didn't need to go through an FFL, so I gave it away. I never quite dared to try shooting it.

I am a collector and have found the Cobray Leinad (Daniel backwards) fun to collect as they are very unusual and inexpensive. Not pracital but fun.
So far I have the 6 shot .22 as pictured already. I have the MR 45/410 pepper box wich is kinda steam punk , and the 22lr/380 pocket pal revolver. They come up every now and then on GB. Still want a .22lr pepper box.
Here are some pics:

pix422470608.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

3_pistols_cobray_leinad_pocket_pal_380_acp22_lr_96799.jpg

Older Cobray's i have : Terminator 12G single shot open bolt rifle and a M-11 9mm that I got decades ago.

http://texasgunblog.com/archives/tag/houston-gun-range/page/3

Last edited:

Redhawk5.5+P+

# 7

Did you know you have to MANUALLY index the cylinder for each shot?

I didn't know that, but I was wondering about that.

All of these, except the Pocket Pal, are made on a frame that was originally designed as a flare gun.

I didn't know that, and I was not thinking that either.:D

CCCLVII

I have a NAA mini in 22 short (the smallest one made) and it is a fun little gun. As far as the Leinard I have seen one at the range before but never shot it, it looks like fun too.