Legality?

Triad

I don't see why not. I don't see a difference between that and adding a non functional suppressor. I've heard of guys building Krinkov clones with fake cans permanently attached to avoid having to register a SBR.

yankytrash

I'd wear gloves on the test run. Could get a little warm from heat build-up (muzzleflash would be coagulating at the end of the tube) and fire could lick out of the vent holes nearest the end of the tube.

hksigwalther

Saw one at a plate shoot once. No additional papers were needed for it. 16" bbl with tube to (at least) the end of the muzzle. Never realy got close enough to see or ask if the tube actually extended past the muzzle.

dfaugh

Probably

But I was reading the NY laws..and they defined a "silencer" (IIRC)as any defice that lower sound signature by 1 dB!!!!

Someone verify?

desert maus

No, 1db wound't be considered a silencer or suppressor. The decrease in sound wouldn't even be noticeable, although it might sound different. Besides, from what I understand in reading all the ATF stuff on it, you're not designing it to function as a silencer, nor will it. It's simply aesthetics. I think there's a specific db reduction level that has to be met to be considered a silencer or suppressor.
BUT, I would err on the side of "not getting your ass in a heap o trouble", and check with your local laws. If you've got a local BATF office, you might call them and explain what you're doing, that it's for aesthetic reasons, and they'll probably okay it. But check with them first, so you don't end up in the pokey.