Legal full-auto TEC-9? My Mom wants to go plinking...

urban assault

Hey everyone, I posted this over on The High Road and am looking for your feedback as well...

My sweet Mother wants to go plinking with a friend from her work who says that he owns some class III weapons. One that was mentioned was a Full-auto TEC-9(do not know if he has a pre or post-ban gun) and a Full-auto AR-15(he didn't call it an M-16). I have heard about the "drop-in" auto sears, but I don't know if this is what he meant when he was describing his rifle to her. He also says that he has a Full-auto AK-47.

I am not frightened by full-auto weapons, I would like to own one some day, but I am nervous about my Mother going shooting with someone who might be playing around with illegal guns. The last thing she needs right now is to get arrested, so guys, whats the consensus from our learned members? Is there such a thing as a legal full-auto TEC-9? Thanks in advance...

Halcon

There were a few made before the cutoff, but they are very rare.

Ask how long it took to approve his Form 4, or ask what CLEO signed off on it, or something like that. If he doesn't know what you're talking about tell your mom to back away slowly.

edited to add: personally I think civilians should have access to full autos with less restrictions than they currently do, but if the guy is breaking the law flagrantly and telling everyone about it, he is nothing but trouble and should be avoided

GLK

The way I look at it is you either trust the guy with your loved one or you don't. Full auto TEC-9 or a Stevens Favorite single shot dead is dead. If I didn't know a person well enough to know whether he may or may not be committing multiple felonies, I wouldn't be allowing my loved ones to go shooting with them in the first place. This is just my opinion of course.

crashburnrepeat

have her ask him to help her make one. If he's good to go then have her evacuate. If he explains the process/illegality of it, then have a good time shooting....

urban assault

Update!

I took the advice that was offered here and had her ask this guy with the machine guns how long it took for him to get his form 4's back from BATFE. She said that he gave her a puzzled look and replied "a while", and then he made up an excuse to not talk to her the rest of that day. The time and day that they had picked to go plinking has come and went, and he hasn't brought up the idea again. In fact, she says that he rarely speaks to her now at all. Thanks for the advice folks, it helped me out.