left handed 20ga options

buckweet

Looking for a left hand 20ga for a small woman.
Prefer an auto .
Benelli and remington is all i can think of.

To start, what is your definition of a left handed semi? Is a neutral stock considered left handed or do you mean it can't eject to the right? I see that Beretta makes a l left handed A400. See Gunbroker. Now if you need a compact size left handed semi . . . . Should you need to cut the stock down, per FITASC don't get a kickoff stock.

HA1966_8_Beretta_A400_Xplor_Action_Left-Hand_Semi-Auto_12M-28MC_Side_L.jpg

Last edited:

phwe9774

Browning BPS Stalker. I am also left handed (however, not a small woman) and the BPS bottom ejects. Not good for home defense because you can't combat load but it's great for everything else

Much less pricey is a Beretta A300 Outlander, which ejects right but can be shimmed for a leftie and the safety is reversible. Also, the synthetic stock is adjustable with spacers, similar to some compact guns. As for barrel length, it can be had with as short as a 24" or a 26. The thing is whether your wife can get used to right hand ejection.

idek

If you want a left-handed ejector, I don't mean to talk you out of it, but as a lefty myself, I have never had any issue with shotguns or rifles that eject on the right side. If you're focused on the target, you never see the shell spitting out, and the ejected shells just fly over my arm.

I currently have a Winchester SX3 in 20 gauge that I like well (technically it's a right-handed gun). It weighs around 6.7 lbs, and has spacers for stock length, and shims for adjusting stock drop and cast. My gunsmith reversed the safety at no charge to me (otherwise, it sort of gets in the way of the trigger finger when set to "fire").

Virginian

Look for a used Remington and don't look back. My daughter is a Southpaw and she could never get comfortable with the hulls flying across her vision. It is also a nice soft shooter.

eastbank

i am also a lefty and use right and left hand rifles ,shotguns and flintlocks with no problems at all, at singles trap using a pump or auto i have easily adapted to single loading on the right side. i have a older rem 1100 20ga on the 12ga frame and its a -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- cat,tho a little heavier, it recoils less than my 1100 28ga sporting with the same loads. i do have several recoil reducers, one fits in the butt stock and another fits in the second barrel on a o/u or double barrel, but i ,m not sure how effective they realy are, at least i can,t tell much difference. eastbank.

I've a Rem 870 Youth Model that is southpaw. Next time we have a Women on Target (Shotguns) I'll bring that along for them. Never noticed how so many women have trouble with the weight of a 12 GA.

eastbank

the five censors i got in my post were not warrented, the word that got censored was not offencive at all, unless you have a dirty mind. maybe i should have said wussy cat. in the context of the post i meant the shootgun did not have much recoil and would be easy to use. eastbank.

Kreyzhorse

I too am a lefty and other than my bolt gun, I've never felt the need for any other dedicated left handed guns. Hell, I hunted with a righted handed bolt for years before I ever bought my left handed version.

As a lefty, we learn to adapt and do it well. I'd suggest finding a gun that fits her first and foremost and forget about the lefty version altogether.

Is the trouble the weight of a 12 gauge or that it is too long for many ladies?

For most of the participants in Women on Target, it was the weight of the gun that gave them the most trouble. It was surprising because when the five women who graduated with me at the academy had no trouble handling a 12 GA riot gun loaded with 00 buck or slugs. I also had a woman classmate from PA who was a skeet shooting champion when she earning her B.A. She confided in me that if she got out of practice, a long range session with her 12 GA would hurt her.

FITASC

And yet I know several women in their 70s who shoot 8#+ 12 gauge O/Us on a regular basis. FIT is critical as is balance.

OkieCruffler

My wife is a lefty and we just spent quite a bit of time looking for a lefty auto for her to shoot skeet with (she has a BPS that works perfect but she's a little slow to get good hits on doubles). We found that for the price we were finding lefty autos for we were pretty much in the same price range as a good O/U.

markstop50

Remington 1100, 20ga. bbl.

If you decide on a 1100 LH 20ga. I do have a 20ga. bbl. Skeet Choke, For Sale, $ 200.oo + $10.oo shipping. This bbl. is in Like New Condition. call 307-630-5558

FITASC

OKIE - I AM LH and I shoot RH semis with zero issues. That DOES open the door to a wider selection and variety.