Left hand OWB for Springfield XDS 9mm

SEKLEM

This is for a friend.

I've been looking for a left hand OWB holster for a Springfield XDS 9mm 3.3" with no luck. I would have thought given the ambidextrous mag release that left handed accessories would have been readily available on a popular polymer pistol.

My friend purchased a left hand OWB leather holster from ALIENGEAR and he hates everything about it, it's too large, it moves too much, and it's not overly comfortable for him. He's rightfully annoyed that he can get left hand paddle holsters from Blackhawk for a Shield 9mm (which does not have the ambi mag release) yet a firearm that was seemingly conceived with southpaw's in mind doesn't have any such holsters available (near as we can tell).

He would prefer a paddle holster, but would consider a leather holster provided it secures the weapon well, is comfortable, and easy to conceal OWB.

He is not interested in IWB carry.

SEKLEM

It looks like it would be a special order, it's not cataloged in the pull down menu but it's mentioned on the master list (though not in the 3.3" variety).

May also be a touch more money than he would want to spend on a holster for it. Hopefully we can get a for more options for him so he doesn't end up with another lemon like the ALIENGEAR (which he impulse purchased).

SEKLEM

Awesome, I never would have thought to go straight to the manufacturer. I was searching through Google. I guess Google doesn't have all the answers after all. :)

jmhyer

I've purchased several pistols in the XD line. They always come with right handed holsters. Every time, I've emailed customer service and informed them that I needed a lefty holster...and they've always shipped one right out for free.

Last edited:

SEKLEM

Just wanted to conclude this thread. My friend found what he was looking for through Safariland.

Thank you all.