Lee's new 2 cavity molds

snuffy

I just got one of the new way lee is making their 2 cavity molds. Gone is the wavy extruded aluminum molds with the pins on the bottom. Now the molds are flat and have cross pins like most other molds, made of brass, steel, and cast iron. Some pics;

lee%20new%20mold%20001.jpg

lee%20new%20mold%20002.jpg

lee%20new%20mold%20003.jpg

The front profile is also different;

lee%20new%20mold%20004.jpg

This mold seems to lock up more positively, AND the lubrication points are only the 2 pins and the sprue plate pivot.

snuffy

Steve, the new style molds are being made, they will eventually replace the old ones as they run out of the inventory in the pipeline. I suppose if you were to call Lee you might be able to twist their arms enough to get one of the bullet wight/style you want from new production. OR in my case, just make the trip to their factory,(just down the road from me), walk in and request what you want. I bet they'd fill your order.

I'd also bet you also might get a tour of the facility. As far as I'm concerned, this is a long overdue change. Since all I have is a round ball mold, I don't know how much better the handgun/rifle molds will be, but I can guess they'll be better as well.