Leech & Rigdon

emishi

Finally, here's a photo of my newest addition... my Uberti Leech & Rigdon.
Leech.jpg

Hellgate

Hey Fingers,
Is there such thing as a 44 cal Leech & Rigdon (as a repro)?
My Dance revolver is as close as I can get.

James K

Member In Memoriam
That "Leech & Rigdon" repro is sure better made and a lot nicer looking than the originals.

Jim

emishi

I took the photo with my LG phone, directly beneath a 12" fluorescent light fixture (which is mounted beneath the upper shelving of my desk). That bluish lighting makes for a nice photo but like Fingers pointed out, it made the brass TG/BS appear silver. They ARE brass.

I've polished the internals with 1000 and 2000 grit finishing paper and lubed with a white lithium/teflon spray. I've got to replace the engraved cylinder with a plain one, switch out the trigger/bolt 'flat' spring for a piano-wire one and decide on a resting place for it.

I'm contemplating IDAHOMIKE's/Beagle's open front rig concept for it. I don't see my 51's or 61 residing in such a rig, but since the L&R seems a bit more exotic than it's stable-mates, it just may be destined for more exotic leather-wear then it's brethren. Seems like the perfect match.

TomADC

I just picked one up off another board, NIB but so far all I've done it look at it, But it was my first Uberti and that's all I buy any more, I do likw the Pietta 1858 Remingtons though.

Hawg

I don't think anybody makes a L&R in .44. Pietta and a couple of others made Griswold and Gunnisons in .44 which is the same gun with a brass frame.

Fingers McGee

Quote:

I don't think anybody makes a L&R in .44. Pietta and a couple of others made Griswold and Gunnisons in .44 which is the same gun with a brass frame.

There may have been some made in the past; but no one lists one now

sebou

Guys, this replica is fine , but the barrel is round ! isn't it ?
It looks like Griswold & Gunninson as it produced, i guess.

Seb

Hawg

Sebou, the barrel is round. The steel frame with a round barrel makes it a Leech & Rigdon. A round barrel with a brass frame makes it a Griswold & Gunnison. A 51 with a brass frame and octagonal barrel is a Schneider & Glassick.

madcratebuilder

Uberti produced round barreled 51 navy style revolvers with both steel and brass frames in .36 and .44. Navy Arms was one of the main retailers. Some of the Uberti marked .44's were marketed with a ".44 Reb" or .44 Reb revolver" on the barrel lug. Most well have only "Navy Arms Co. Ridgefield N.J. Italy" on the top of the barrel.

High Standard made to finest Rebel clones.

emishi

Question...

Does anyone know where I can get an un-engraved cylinder for my Uberit L&R? All I am able to find are the 'Navy' engraved ones? Otherwise, how much work is involved with polishing out the engraving and re-bluing the cylinder?