Lee tumble lube bullets design

458winshooter

I saw an article about the "Ranch Dog"mold and a schematic on it and it got me wondering.It looked like it was based a C430-310-Rf with tumble lube grooves and a slight change in the location of the crimp groove.I know Lee makes custom molds so I am thinking about trying to have them make one either by streching out their 240 gr tumble lube mold (TL430-240-SWC) to 300 gr or to reconfigure the C430-310-RF to a tumble lube design and a plain base.It is for a Super Blackhawk 7.5 in.Anybody know if this has been done or can offer any insight to this idea?I have the same idea about a 180 gr 357 bullet as well.Thanks Russ

GP100man

boolits

i have the lee 310 gr mold & find it very accurate in my redhawks , i use 2 loadings the lower with out the GC& 1 with, both work .

i would like the GC removed from the 310 & have seen the top of the mold milled to do such ,it leaves ya with a 265 plain base boolit that is reported to shoot ok.

the problem is $$ spent on a mass produced ,aluminum mold feasible???

my favorite is still the 429421 with a dose of herco under it though , the older i get the heavies hurt more !!

for more info go here Russ http://castboolits.gunloads.com/& search a little .

GP100man:cool:

Last edited: