lee double disk kit

sewerman

after finding out that i need to use double disk in order to use the pro powder measure on my turret press while loading rifle cartridges i'm now wondering why i should buy this kit since my powder pro came with four disk but without the extensions/spacers that allow the hopper to be mounted onto two disk. wish lee would just charge five bucks more and include the spacers with the pro powder measure kit:(

anybody out there have these spacers and could give me the height of them. i'd rather make them then have to purchase another kit and have four extra disks lying around.

thanks,
sewerman

Alaskee

Spacer

The spacers basically raise the powder hopper the thickness of a second disk, acting as an extension of the two side walls on the base where the disk slides. Since the double disk kits are 10 or 11 bucks, it might pay to find a set locally or include a set in your next reloading order rather than take the time to fabricate your own.

The_Vigilante

Alaskee,

The spacers are 7/16" x 1 3/4". I am including photos.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 94
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 70

CrustyFN

Just my opinion but one reason the double disk kit is a good idea to buy is because a lot of the time you will be using two holes the same size or so close that you will need the extra disks. I haven't tried it but I think if you go too much different in the hole size it might not be as accurate. One more thing is when you stack two disks the disk with the smaller hole has to be on top.
Rusty

thetoecutter

Mine are made out of .048" sheet aluminum and look like a capital I that is bent about 15 degrees in the middle of long part of the I.

The extended top and bottom bars of the I sit on the outside of the base and the hopper on the measure and the screws sit at the center of the bend with the spacer inbetween the screw and the discs (the I sits horizontally in between the base and the hopper.

The long part of the I is .450" wide and is approximately .675" from the bend in the middle to where the top and bottom bars extend outward from it.

The top and bottom of the I are .560" x .185".

There are two dimples that help locate the screw in the center of the bend. Would probably fine work without them.

0327092133a.jpg

0327092133.jpg

Pics are from my cell, kids are on a school trip with all the cameras...

+1 on you will want the extra discs, I try to keep the holes as close to the same size as possible.
+1 on keeping the small hole on the bottom.

Last edited:

sewerman

wow!! really appreciate the great responce and photos.:)

i was inclined to use sheet metal instead of plastic.

i'm guessing the sheet metal is the newer version?

if i'm successful i'll give a post.

thanks again to everyone...great member support!

sewerman