Lee dies in .32NAA? Reloading data?

rantingredneck

Anyone know of a source for these dies other than Makarov.com? The three die set there is going for 49.00. Wondering if there's a cheaper price to be found?

I found some reloading data there as well. Wondering if anyone has another source for this as well?

I'm just getting started with reloading but once I get the .45ACP and a couple other calibers down I'm going to start on this one. Looking to gear up for it.

rantingredneck

I haven't called. Their website doesn't list them, but I know they make them b/c makarov.com is selling them. Maybe a phone call would help.

Thanks

bltmonty

I have the Lee dies and 4.5 inch makarov barrel in 32naa. I use relatively slow powders, the best being Hodgon hs-7. The Lee dies are just fine. I bought them from makarov.com. It's a great round for the makarov. I get 1400 fps with a 85 grain XTP and little signs of pressure. IT took me a very long time to work up the reload. Most reloading data is based off the very short NAA guardian 2 inch barrel.

What are you reloading the 32naa for? A short barrel will need quicker powder.

See makarov.com and search its forum. I've posted there a few times.

Barry

rantingredneck

Thanks for the info. I have the NAA Guardian. I've been buying the Corbon factory ammo but it's going up quite a bit which is making practice impractical. I'll still use it for social work, but I'm looking to start reloading some FMJ rounds for plinking with it. I'm probably going to just get the dies from Makarov.com. I was just wondering if there was another source.

Also it is reassuring to hear someone who has purchased them from mak.com

Thanks again!

Temive

I called Lee Precision and asked about reloading dies for the 32NAA and they told me they didn't make them but, they would for a set-up fee. I bought a set of dies from the folks at Makarov ($49.00) but they are not carbide like their web site advertises. (I called them back about that) Anyway, I haven't reloaded any yet as I am waiting on some Hornady 60 GR XTP JHP bullets and Lee case lube to arrive.