Lee Autodrum powder measure.

lee n. field

Just spotted this in Lee's 2015 catalog.

FS Reloading shows it in on their site, with no specified availability date.

Lee Auto Drum

Automatic case actuated drum
powder measure. Accurately and
automatically dispense powder in
your favorite cartridge. Two infinitely
adjustable drums included
. These
Quick Change drums will accurately
and reliably drop charges from 1 to
80 grains of powder.

copy/paste from the catalog pdf, page 17.

Case actuated. So you can mount it on your Classic Turret (or other press of choice), without spending a bunch more for a linkage adapter for your Uniflow or whatever.

Interesting. I hope it's not vaporware.

kostner

Searched for reviews but seems to be new and not many being used. It would be a good replacement for the Lee Double Disk set up. Would be tempted to give it a try if it work with iMR 3031 for my 223/5.56 reloading. Have been using a Hornady powder mearsure.

Vance

There are no reviews for it yet as Lee has not released it yet. It is just announced that they are going to release it. But Lee has a habit of putting new products in their catalogs, but never delivering them.

Seems rather pricey for a Lee product. I have Lee Autodisk powder measures on the turrets of my Lee Turret press, and they work fine for a lot less money. Granted, you can't easily dial it in to the tenth of a grain, but for most handgun purposes that's not important. If that IS important, Lee also has a micrometer insert that still doesn't bring the price of an Autodisk Pro up to the price of this thing.

I don't see the point.

flashhole

Thanks for posting the link. If they follow the product introduction plan they've been using with the recent new products we should see it on the open market in 6-12 months.

Lee has been introducing new products on a consistent basis for several years. The "movement" if you want to call it that started with their Classic series presses and they have kept a steady stream of innovative products coming at regular intervals. Great quality stuff too. Well thought out and still a great value.

I don't see equivalent innovation coming from any of the other major manufacturers. Their brains seem to have gone stagnant.

I'll wait for the reviews before I buy but I am in the market for a press mounted charging system. This looks like it will work well with the Lee Classic Turret.

Vance

Seeing that the powder drums are only $16 each, I could see buying a drum for each caliber you load for so you can set it once and leave it. You just swap out the drums when changing calibers.

HJ857

I saw both versions at a gun show last month. They're out there now. I seem to recall that extra drums were not available at that time.