Lee Anniversary or Delux Pistol Kit

I've passed on the Dillon Square deal because of the different size of the dies. Looking now at either the Lee Anniversary of Delux Pistol kit. I only need pistol...have a 30-30 and .22 rifles...and I like the idea of single stage v. progressive. I'm just starting and want to learn the process step by step. Don't need volume.
What's your experience with them and which do you think is better?
Thanks, Tom

MADISON

Lee Anniversary or Delux Pistol Kit

You do have options....
If you do rifle you can get the Aniversery Kit.
If you do pistol get The Territ Kit.
Through Midway or Graf, you should be able to get the Challenger for $40 or less and the Territ for $60+ or- as an ADD ON.

VTR996

I bought my Lee Anniversary kit for the same reasons, no volume and one caliber of pistol. I was happy with the Lee at first and still think it's a good starter kit but as you get more familiar with the process and the whys of reloading you'll want to upgrade some things. I started with the .45 colt and started shooting a lot, then bought a .44 and shot more then .357 & 38spl,9mm .45 acp. 9X18 then went to rifle rounds .223 & .308. The Lee has been a good press but you get what you pay for as far as other componets. The scale is ok but I wanted to weigh bullets and it only goes to 110gr so I bought a Lymann scale. The powder measure works without leaking with some powders, I've had good luck with 2400 & CLAYS, 231 is so so & power pistol is so so, AA#7,5, & 2 pour out the side about as fast as the funnel so I bought a RCBS measure, lots more better. The primer tool wore out from my own neglagence no doubt after about 2500-3000 rds tried RCBS, liked the Lee better so I bought another Lee and keep it lubed now. The dies are good enough for me. I have RCBS and Lee and the Lee seems a little easier to use for me. All said and done I'd do it again, I've got good service out of their products.

bowhnter

Lee anniversary. 15k and counting. I load 9mm, .45, .223, 22 Hornet, .357/.38, 30/30, .35 Rem & .308. I love my single stage.
I use RCBS and Redding dies.

Bacchus

I'd go with the anniversary kit--that way, you'll have the option later of reloading for rifle calibers. I got one and haven't had any problems with it--I reloaded 150 rounds total (two different calibers) at a slow pace in an hour and a half over the weekend.

Don't have any experience with the turret.

czhead

Turret all the way

I have the Deluxe kit w/auto index. Love it. For pistols it's all you need. You can use it either way. Spend the extra 12.00 bucks and get the autoprime ll . The priming tool that comes with the turret is a POS. With the autoprime ll you can knock out a ton of cases in no time...Great feel for seating ...

All the info is very much appreciated. Still haven't decided but at least I have what I need now to choose.
Built a loading bench today in a closet. Now where to put the stuff that came out of it.
Thanks....

My reccomendation would be to go with the 35th Anniv. Kit, with RCBS Carbide Pistol Dies. It has just about all the things you will end up buying anyway. If you want to go faster, then you can always pick up the Turret press later.

czhead

Hey sidetracker, check this out

Maybe he will give you a deal....

sjones

wtt: lee turret press
would like to trade a good working lee set up for 9mm ready to load for 1000 200grain lswcs or lets talk about it. I just upgraded to a 550 and no longer need it. thanks. sj