Lee 255RF and B.P.

deerslayer303

Hey Ya'll,
Quick question, does the Lee 255 RF bullet tote enough lube to load with Black and fired out of a pistol? The lube groove is kinda small. I am working on getting the Lyman 454190 clone mold from accurate. But, I have a bunch of Lee bullets made up and well, Trail Boss just isn't the same. Hope all of you are doing well in this new year. Happy Shooting!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Hawg

Ok Thanks Hawg. Didn't want to mess around and lead that barrel.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
I use a Lee 200 grain RNFP in my 44-40. I used them in my Rossi 92 carbine without any leading. If you do get leading a piece of copper Chore Boy scrubbing pad wrapped around a bronze brush will remove it in short order.

deerslayer303

Hawg,
I gotta see if I can find that Chore boy pad locally to have it on hand just in case. I see it online. Where do you buy yours?

Pathfinder45,
I'm not one to have a bunch of different molds for one gun, I like to find something that works and go with it. Although, I am going to get the 454190 mold, as I've read that is the closest to the original bullet for the 45 Colt. Most of my molds are Lee. They work well for me, do the job as intended and don't cost alot.

rclark

Just make sure the Chore Boy pads are 'pure' copper. There is a lot of copper plated pads out there that shouldn't be used!