Lee 10lb production pot

Citywaterman

I have the Lee 10lb production pot. Works great. Makes a lot of bullets. My question is the drip from the bottom spout. I tried everyway to tighten the rod that seats at the bottom of the pot. Seems to slow down or stop but not for long. It's not bad, usually just a slow drip. I just add it back to the pot. Is there a way to stop the drip? Thanks, Citywaterman

kyle663

some guys add weight to the handle, small vice grips or the like. i just keep a ingot mold under mine and toss the drizle back in the pot.

PDshooter

Yep, mine is a "Drip-o-matic too. I bought it about 20yrs ago. Casted thousands rounds with it. I just live with it!

I have the 20 pounder and when mine drips, I push down AND twist the rod that plugs the bottom. This kind of "grinds" up any gunk that is causing a bad seal. I works sometimes...but sometimes it doesn't. But just remember....it is HOT! :D

shepherddogs

I think mine got screwed up using it to melt raw weights for ingots. I started using a separate pot for ingots and as the Lee PP gets cleaner the problem seems to have gotten much better. I don't think you can completely prevent it but keeping the pot clean minimizes the problem.

QBall45

Mine drips too. Learn to put your ingot mold under it,
I love the way it fills out a mold. No more ladle o hot lead!

GP100man

for the money the lees work purty good!!
i keep a dish with a damp rag in it to cool the mold & i`m able to out pace the drip most of the time .
i clean my WW as much as possible in the smelting pot by fluxing at least 3 times.
i also added the small vise grips for weight.

CrustyFN

Put a screwdriver in the end of the stem and give it a few turns while the pot is hot and full of lead. That will stop it for a while . repeat as needed. I think some Lee drip art looks pretty cool.