Lead (etc) - free ammo or not? And which one?

Do you use lead (etc) free ammo or not?

• I do use lead (etc) free ammo

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I couldn't care less and use the common stuff

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Para Bellum

Since I do care about lead as a health risk (even below 1100 ft/sec), I decided to train with non-tox, lead-free etc, ammo. I used the S&B-Nontox stuff so far. It obviosly is not as reliable as the usual stuff, but I don't get that funny taste in my throat after or while shooting.

Do you know of any 9x19mm nontox-ammo that is as cheap or cheaper than S&B and more reliable?

chris in va

About that 'funny taste', I think that may be more the burned gunpowder than lead. I shoot exclusively FMJ at the range so it seems to me lead from the bullet doesn't get in the air...? :confused:

Nimitz87

para i remeber a thread earlier where someone (was it you?) who complained about the taste after they where shooting...

you seriously need to consider a more ventilated/aircondtioned range...or outdoors that is NOT normal... :eek:

Chad

Para Bellum

you seriously need to consider a more ventilated/aircondtioned range...or outdoors that is NOT normal...
Thank you for your concern. The problem is that I shoot at an IPSC Club and really like the people there....

zzirg

funny taste

i was going to say the same thing,i can smell gunpowder on me after shooting but never can i taste it.It could be that i usually have water or coke with me.

CajunBass

I've never even seen "non lead" ammo, but I would use it, if the price was competitive or if there was some performance advantage to it. I don't guess I'd go out of my way to look for it though.