Lead bullets in HK USP9f??

New_comer

Hi!

I'd like to know if using range reloads could be detrimental to my USP9. I have prepared 150 rounds of Fiocchi 147 grain FMJ loads to break-in the gun, but when it runs out, I intend to use the inexpensive reloads, so that if i could still take it, i could extend my shooting session. Also, any tips for cleaning the unit after the firing sessions are welcome.

Your inputs would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

New_comer:)

blades67

Some may say that shooting lead bullets is okay, but I don't use lead bullets in any firearm having a polygonal bore.

Cleaning is easy, some CLP/Breakfree and some Hoppe's #9 will take care of everything.

IPSC SUPERCOP

I agree that I don't use lead bullets in polygonal bores. I think you can do it and get away with it in the USP's easier than Glocks. Being an HK armorer, the USP'S will not fire out of battery and have a disconnector something like the 1911's to stop it from doing so. The Glocks will fire out of battery. You can shoot the lead in the polygonal bores if you clean them VERY regularly. I wouldn't go any more than 300 rounds of lead without cleaning it. Plus, your spending more in cleaning supplies and time to shoot the lead instead of the jacketed. The jacketed will save you the time and supplies. Up to you.

Kevin