LCR-22 price check?

Glenn E. Meyer

Best price so far in San Antonio at the gun show was $385. Anybody see better?

Looks like it might be fun and useful for beginners. NO, it's not an SD gun. I carry a Bofors L-70 40mm for that. :D

bbqbob51

I saw $375 on Gunbroker so the $385 at the show is a pretty good deal when you consider the transfer fees and stuff. I think I would like to see one in 22mag. Good for target practice and would also be just powerful enough to work for self defense.

gilfo

Saw one for 384 cash at the Orlando Gun show. Just wondering if prices will come down abit when it is out for a while. I know I bought the LCR 357 for 399 after about 6 months of it being out.

Viper225

About as cheap as I have seen one is $400 total price.

I doubt you see any at $299 unless someone has managed to wear it out. It has the same construction as an LCR 38, with more cylinder machine work required to make it.

First off the LCR 22 is not designed as a Trail Gun, it's not made to shoot small game while taking a hike in the woods, and it is not a 22 target pistol. The LCR 22 is a 22 LR version of the popular LCR 38 concealed carry, and pocket carry handgun. It's purpose is first, an economical to shoot J Frame size practice revolver. Next it is a great training gun to work with before transitioning to higher recoiling centerfire handguns. The next purpose is as a Defensive Carry gun for someone who cannot tolerate recoil. It will hold 8 CCI Stingers, which are not the best Personal Defense round, but way better than nothing. Another use is shooting it in some matches.

I won BUG (Back Up Gun) Division with my LCR 22 last Saturday in our Clubs Defensive Pistol Match. BUG is for revolvers with 3" and shorter barrels, no caliber restrictions, so a 22 is legal. Other requirements on semi auto's.

My score with my LCR 357 loading with Tuff Products Speed Strips, shooting 105+ power factor 38 Special ammo was 109.39. ( Just got the LCR 357 and I do not have speedloaders for it yet)

I made two runs with the LCR 22. My first run was with Tuff Products Model 1022 Speed Strips completely loaded with 10 rounds. Reloading did not go well with 10 rounds in the speed strip. Note: This was my first time loading the LCR 22 with speed strips ever. Time 101.97.

My next run I was shooting CCI Stingers. I loaded the speed strips with 2 rounds, left a space, loaded 2 rounds and left a space and 2 more rounds. With the speed strip loaded in this manner loading 2 at a time went very well. Better infact than the 38 reload went. I indexed the cylinder with the 2 empty chambers up when closing the cylinder. My time/score on this run was 95.91. We use IDPA Silhouette Targets, and IDPA scoring, time + points down + any penalties. The lower the number, the better you did. For some perspective my Stock Service Revolver best run was 76.13 (First Place) and my other run with it was 78.82. Pretty consistant.

My SSR gun is a K Frame that has been worked on, and has about as good a trigger is you can get on a K Frame. I was loading it with Safariland Comp III speedloaders, carried in North Mountain IDPA Compliant carriers. I have been shooting this revolver in matches for the last year, and I am pretty good with it. My LCR 22 on the other hand is rock stock except for painting the front sight with Green Sight Brite sight paint. It has a 1.87" barrel, and I was loading it with speed strips. LCR 22 95.91 compared to K Frame Competition gun 76.13. Less than 20 points difference shooting the exact same course of fire, and loading with speed strips to boot. I have only had the LCR 22 to the range one time before shooting it in the match Saturday. I had only fired around 100 rounds through the LCR 22 on Friday before the match. I was very impressed with how it shot. I normally shoot a S&W 638 in BUG Division.

The LCR 22 is going to make a Great Training, and Practice gun. It is going to be pretty hard to beat with another revolver in BUG Division also. I also see several new shooters working with it at the Range, along with my 617 4".

My prediction is this gun is going to sell very well. It is also a much better buy than it's closest competition the new S&W 43C at well over $600. Another good point about the Ruger, it does not have an aluminum cylinder like the Smith does.

I have several Smith & Wesson Revolvers. With that said, if the S&W 43C and the LCR 22 were the same price, I would still take the Ruger.
I have owned several J Frames over the years. MY LCR 357 and LCR 22 both have better triggers than any of the Smith J Frames. After firing about 200 rounds through the LCR 22 so far, I am sure it is as accurate as any J Frame I have ever owned also.

Bob

22-rimfire

It is pretty hard to find sub-$400 prices on them. I believe I have about $450 in mine including sales tax, background check and so forth.